cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant send texts

bob2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

after finally getting my phone problems fixed, I found that I canphone and recieve calls, recieve texts but cant send texts. I have set up access point names as required and have referred to the community comments regarding my problem. The suggestion was to input the 164..... number into the Message Centre spot but mine is greyed out and will not accept input.

5 REPLIES 5

@bob2 wrote:

after finally getting my phone problems fixed, I found that I canphone and recieve calls, recieve texts but cant send texts. I have set up access point names as required and have referred to the community comments regarding my problem. The suggestion was to input the 164..... number into the Message Centre spot but mine is greyed out and will not accept input.

Are you a brand new customer, and did you use this phone at a different carrier before?  If the answer to that question is "yes", and you're using an Android-based device, you might need to delete the an existing message thread to be able to send messages to that person.  Please note that by doing this, you wil lose any information in that message thread, so copy down any info that you may need to keep.

Harjind
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please answer the questions of the above users and give more details so we can try to help 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Could definitely use more details like what kind of phone you're using.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, You can not send normal SMS texts to anyone?  Or is it you can not send MMS (picture) texts?  Which app do you use to text? 

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@bob2 wrote:

@bob2  What kind of phone do you have? Be as specific as you can.

Need Help? Let's chat.