cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant make call using phone honor 9 lite

liban961
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

i have new phone Honor 9 lite from China  it is unlocked.. i insert public mobile sim card,i can see service 5 bars,but i cant make phone call..i place my friends sim card Fido  ,i can not make any phone call...public mobile office in Laval Montreal closed..Fido and  Rogers agent told me maybe it is blocked for Canada network? any help

also i dont have  free 1gb?

9 REPLIES 9

@liban961 Public Mobile doesn't hide that there's no call centre. Call centre at another carrier could check it your account is working but still can't fix if there's a device issue.

liban961

only thing i dont like about public mobile  is  that they dont have phone line or office....we have to be online  and find the solution.. it is annoying here

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@liban961 

HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 - Global

pm frequencies.jpeg

if it's the global version it should work. you may have purchased the India version

try resetting your network settings

1. select Settings and Advanced settings.
  2. Then tap Backup & reset.
  3. In this menu choose Network Settings Reset.
  4. At the end tap Network Settings Reset, and confirm the whole operation tapping Network Settings Reset one more time.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@liban961  in order to be able to make calls your phone needs to support 3G band B2 (1900) and B5 (850).

Only the global version of that phone supports the above bands. If you can't make a call then you don't have the correct model and will need a new phone.

@liban961  only the Global version will work for talk here according to this site 

https://www.gsmarena.com/honor_9_lite-8962.php which version do you have? Stay safe. 

@liban961 

Stay away from gsm public doesn't support it

You need 3g UMTS (850 and 1900 MHz)

liban961

i can text ok,,but can not make call

i try all setting gsm,auto etc... no luck

@liban961 

Public Mobile does not provide customer service over the phone, so calling them won't yield any results.  As for it being blocked from Canadian networks, the device would ask for a network unlock code if that were the case.  As mentioned, this is likely and issue with LTE and HSPA network settings or compatibility.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Are you sure I had all needed 3g frequencies

You need 850 and 1900

Does data and texting work?

Try restarting

Try forcing 3g only in settings (just temporarily in network settings)

Need Help? Let's chat.