cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot update to android 10 on note 9 960U AT&T unlocked

obi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I was wondering how can I update my note 9 960U which is originally an AT&T unlocked phone to android 10. Everytime i check the software updates, it says its up to date. Does public mobile not provide OTA software updates? I've tried using smart switch on the PC, still says my phone is up to date on android 9

3 REPLIES 3

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@obi Can you borrow or buy an AT&T sim? It doesn't need to be active. Put it in your phone and check for updates on wifi.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@obi 

AT&T is controlling when to release update for their phone. PM has nothing to do with AT&T phone.

It may be your phone already has the latest firmware.

@obi wrote:

Hi, 

I was wondering how can I update my note 9 960U which is originally an AT&T unlocked phone to android 10. Everytime i check the software updates, it says its up to date. Does public mobile not provide OTA software updates? I've tried using smart switch on the PC, still says my phone is up to date on android 9

Public Mobile does not update devices. They don't sell any. Updates can either come from the manufacturer or the original carrier.  You could use ODIN, but proceed at your own risk as you could end up breaking your device if a mistake is made during the process, and the process also erases all content stored on your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.