cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot transfer speakout phone numbers to public mobile

dianawong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to transfer my speakout phone numbers to public mobile today but it did not work.

How could I do? Could I change try a new phone number and activate again?

Diana

7 REPLIES 7

Doonerz
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@dianawong wrote:

I tried to transfer my speakout phone numbers to public mobile today but it did not work.

Diana

@dianawong I ported out from Speakout two months ago with no problems. Make sure you had an active (with money still in the Speakout account) number. My port took about 2 hours - after about 4 attempts. As mentioned before, try incognito mode if you don't succeed first. I had to wait a full hour before my last attempt and then it went through.

What specifically did it say when attempting the port? Also check to see if your credit card was charged (mine was not until fourth and final attempt).

@dianawong wrote:

I put the public mobile into my phone and found that there is no service provided. But when I put into my old speakout sim card, I found that it shows the speakout name. Did this means the activation is not completed?

Diana

Yes, there is a problem.  It means activation did not work or your phone not compatible.

The Public sim should already be working.

How old is your phone? What model?

Yes...you will have to wait the moderator for completing it...Smiley Frustrated

dianawong
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I put the public mobile into my phone and found that there is no service provided. But when I put into my old speakout sim card, I found that it shows the speakout name. Did this means the activation is not completed?

Diana

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

I have find this thread about porting from speakout... @dianawong 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/7-11-Speakout-PIN/m-p/289690

If you have too much trouble you can ask help from the moderator here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Waiting time few hours to 2 days...

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@dianawong wrote:

Diana

Do not try to change your number. It will only make things worse and complicate things.

Get your Speakout phone's IMEI and Speakout account PIN and send private message to Public Mobile moderator_tram.  They will try it again.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
If you have already activated your SIM you won't be able to activate it again.

What do you mean by it didn't work? Did you get a browser error message? If you did, try using Chrome in incognito mode. Did everything go through but your phone is not working? It takes time to port a number, try your old SIM card to see if your speakout number still works. Was your speakout number still active then you tried to port it? A number must remain active in order to port it.
Need Help? Let's chat.