cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot send or recieve texts, mobile data does not work nor does phone. plan is up to date

jonbayer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey,

So none of my plan features seem to be working as of the last few days though my account is active and up to date, and my usage is well below limits. I think something must be screwed up in the backend; could someone help me out?

6 REPLIES 6

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@jonbayer wrote:

that did it, but man that must be some really **bleep**ty backend infrastructure that this is necessary

What worked for you, the lost/stolen trick, or the small payment?  

jonbayer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

that did it, but man that must be some really **bleep**ty backend infrastructure that this is necessary

TheOldVR

It sounds like everything was working for you for a while and just stopped over the last few days.

One thing to look in to is your account, so worth reaching out to a MOD for that.

On the other hand, a long-shot... is your phone okay? Have you tried your SIM in a different phone?

Also - what are others seeing when they call or text you? Voicemail?

Good luck... hope things get fixed up for you.

Pizzaeh

@jonbayer wrote:

Hey,

So none of my plan features seem to be working as of the last few days though my account is active and up to date, and my usage is well below limits. I think something must be screwed up in the backend; could someone help me out?

Try the lost/stolen trick:
Once you log into your account...
Click the 'Plans and Add-ons' tab.
Click 'Lost/Stolen Phone' tab.
Click 'Suspend Service' button.
Log out of your account and wait several minutes.
Log back into your account and report that your phone has been found.

Some people have also tried making a small payment, like $1; that has worked to somehow get the services working again.

If that doesn't work, other subscribers may have other things to try.  If none of the suggestions work, you can send a private message to the moderators.  To send a private message to the moderators click here.  Response time is between 1 to 48 hours. 

Moderator hours:

Weekdays 8am to 12am (eastern time)

Weekends 8am to 10pm (eastern time)

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@jonbayer wrote:

Hey,

Can you tell us what plan you have and post a picture of your account overview page (with personal info removed)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are calls working?

If its just texts, check your data settings. turn off wifi and make sure data is on. can you use the internet from your phone ok?

If your data isn't working check your APN settings, you can use this website as a guide for the correct settings:

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Is it possible your phone needs an OS update? Have you tried turning your phone off and on again?

Need Help? Let's chat.