cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cannot receive one time verification code from CIBC

Rawaz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've been having issues getting a one-time code to use to add a new interac contact.

What's strange is that i've had the call/sms come through on this a few months ago. I have a 672 number and I have read that this is a new area code and that it might not work, but it has done so a few times without issue in the past and now it's suddenly stopped? I've tried for 4 hours constantly. Also removed my sim, changed my network settings, reset and updated my phone. nothing! is this a problem with public? should i move to rogers or one of the more established telecoms?  many thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@aalmahdi wrote:

Hello, it has been now one week since I activated my Public Mobile number and still I don't receive verification code from my Bank.

Thank you

@aalmahdi  The only thing I can suggest it try to change the number at CIBC to your spouses number or a family member and then back to your PM number to see if that resets it.

@aalmahdi wrote:

Hello, it has been now one week since I activated my Public Mobile number and still I don't receive verification code from my Bank.

Thank you

@aalmahdi   I think the issue might be with CIBC as their verification texts/alerts can suddenly stop.  You might need to ask CIBC why you're not receiving their texts/alerts, or you might need to refresh the alert settings in your CIBC account.

aalmahdi

Thank you

@aalmahdi  Did you just port in you number? If yes, some banks have security measures in place to protect against simjacking so they will not send out a text for 48 hours if a number has been ported out.

Wait for 48 hours to see if that is that is the case.

@aalmahdi what type of phone do you have?

@aalmahdi wrote:

I am having the same issue!! what should I do ??

#important #Urgent

Does CIBC allow the code to be sent to you using any other method?  Being a TD customer, I can select either text message or phone call. I know that's not a permanent fix, but at least you'd be able to get into your bank account.

@aalmahdi You can contact CIBC and see if they can send a second factor  verification email instead of a text. Text second factor is not all that secure anyway. If some steals your Crdentials and SIM jacks you youll be in trouble. 

aalmahdi

I am having the same issue!! what should I do ??

#important #Urgent

@Rawaz  Check your usage history  if the text is coming in then your device is blocking it. 😭

Rawaz

thanks for the suggestion, i tried it now however when i try adding it as a number on my account, cibc asks me to verify it with a one-time code 🤣😂

Rawaz

that's what has got me all confused! I've been on the phone with CIBC for an hour, they're now escalating it to their tech department and putting a note down in case similar calls spring up

Rawaz

thank you, but unfortunately im too invested deep with this number across many platforms and contacts

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rawaz  If has worked in the past then there isn't a reason why it shouldn't work now.

Make sure you are not blocking any numbers and also check with your bank to make sure you have supplied the correct number.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could setup a Textnow account and see if you can receive a sms through it.

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Rawaz I had problems with 672 code. Change the number to the one with old code like 236 or 604, and no more problems.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Rawaz you can try changing your number to a more common area code, if you aren't too worried about keeping your current number.

you can do this in your self serve account.

change pass,sim,number.jpeg

Need Help? Let's chat.