cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naepalm
Mayor / Maire

Re: cannot receive one time verification code from CIBC

@aalmahdi You can contact CIBC and see if they can send a second factor  verification email instead of a text. Text second factor is not all that secure anyway. If some steals your Crdentials and SIM jacks you youll be in trouble. 

@aalmahdi wrote:

I am having the same issue!! what should I do ??

#important #Urgent

Does CIBC allow the code to be sent to you using any other method?  Being a TD customer, I can select either text message or phone call. I know that's not a permanent fix, but at least you'd be able to get into your bank account.

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@aalmahdi what type of phone do you have?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aalmahdi  Did you just port in you number? If yes, some banks have security measures in place to protect against simjacking so they will not send out a text for 48 hours if a number has been ported out.

Wait for 48 hours to see if that is that is the case.

aalmahdi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, it has been now one week since I activated my Public Mobile number and still I don't receive verification code from my Bank.

Thank you

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@aalmahdi wrote:

Hello, it has been now one week since I activated my Public Mobile number and still I don't receive verification code from my Bank.

Thank you

@aalmahdi   I think the issue might be with CIBC as their verification texts/alerts can suddenly stop.  You might need to ask CIBC why you're not receiving their texts/alerts, or you might need to refresh the alert settings in your CIBC account.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@aalmahdi wrote:

Thank you

@aalmahdi  The only thing I can suggest it try to change the number at CIBC to your spouses number or a family member and then back to your PM number to see if that resets it.

Need Help? Let's chat.