cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't send pic text message

bethgreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't know why. The very first day I activated my account, I can send picture message.

Tried several times yesterday. Only got red error message "Fail to send".

Any idea?

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bethgreen 

Picture MMS is sent by mobile data only.  WiFi will not be used.  Therefore, enable data on your phone. If you cannot browse on internet, your need to configure your APN.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

If you are using an iPhone iMessage, enable the sending and receiving SMS/MMS under the iMessage settings in order for your friends who are suing Android phone to send/receive SMS/MMS messages to/from you.

bethgreen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks everyone for the reply. Yes, I need to turn on the cellular data. Since I can only mark 1 solution, I mark the first one who gave the complete answer.

Edited on April 2, 2020. 

I turned on the cellular data. Still can't send picture. Very weird. Why worked before but suddenly doesn't work? Can anyone help?Thanks

I can surf the internet.

@bethgreen  If your data is on you have to check your APN  to make sure it is set to public mobiles. What is the make and model of your phone. You will need to input the following information:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@bethgreen wrote:

Don't know why. The very first day I activated my account, I can send picture message.

Tried several times yesterday. Only got red error message "Fail to send".

Any idea?

Thanks.

@bethgreen  Your device's data must be turned on in order to send/receive MMS messages. Note it does not use data but data must be on for it to work.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bethgreen hi your data must be on to send mms although it does not use your data allotment 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Is your cell data on?

Need Help? Let's chat.