cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't receive or send text pictures from friends with iphones?

jim_h
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently have upgraded my umidigi S3 pro (android 9) to an Umidigi Bison(android 10).  It appears I can send/rec  texts and text with pictures from other android phones. But can only send/rec text message to iphone people. Anything with a photo will not send from my phone. And any pictures sent to me from iphone will not open?

20 REPLIES 20

Raychel2024
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey. I am having the same issue with my Bison pro. Can't receive/send pictures to iPhones. My provider if Fido and I've spent countless hours with them on the phone. When I putu sim card into a different android or an iPhone it works fine just not on my Bison Pro. Fido said it's not my APN settings because it works elsewhere. I've tried factory reset didn't change. What other options are there??

@jim_h 

Maybe you needed to reboot your phone first before it would accept the new APN.

jim_h

I hit the reset to defaults.  Then +. Added in public mobile , APN, MMS port & MMS proxy.  

All is good!

Not sure why it didn't work on the first try?

Thanks for your help!!!

@jim_h 

You might have to use a freedom sim card to set your APN settings. Do you know anyone with a used or working or new freedom sim card?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : Sorry I don't remember what all was there at initial startup. I can edit my APN. On my S7 I even made other APN's for T-Mobile and AT&T to fiddle with that when last I was in the states. I also fiddled with making it MMS-only and no browsing....which come to think of it could be useful for kids phones until the smarty-pants kid figures that out.

@Anonymous 

Only noticed this now...strange how one offers koodo and the other public mobile but the phone doesn't select it pm. Does your A31 look the same? Checked my moto g7+ and the APN settings are greyed out under the automatically chosen "Mobile Internet".

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : My Blackberry's needed a little help. My Nokia Windows Phone needed a lot of help. My Samsung's just worked. Even the UAE one.

Help meaning hands-on.

@Anonymous 

Weird my A3 automatically chose different data/network settings for 2 pm sim cards.

Screenshot_20210506-122603_Settings~2.jpgScreenshot_20210506-122610_Settings~2.jpg

Like these...

Screenshot_20210506-122154.pngScreenshot_20210506-122200.pngScreenshot_20210506-122208.png

@jim_h 

Post a couple of screenshots of your APN settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jim_h : Start with selecting the Public Mobile one and see what happens. That was a little too obvious 🙂

What do you get under the 3 dots?

Edit: maybe try turn off mobile data and see if it's selectable.

jim_h

I entered all my Public  info from my previous phone to the APN. But can't seem to toggle it on. Just defaults to the telus SP

jim_h

thumbnail_IMG_20210506_133456.jpg

jim_h

I just discovered that i can't access the net with my data.

I will attempt to post a screen shot.

jim_h

i have not had an iphone in the past

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jim_h : Can you otherwise browse the internet? Maybe post screenshots of your APN settings. Is your texting app possibly set to chat features?

jim_h

data seems to work on some level. I have sent and received images to people with android phones. But does seem slow.

It won't send images to an iphone. If a person with an iphone sends me a picture. it won't open.  

jim_h

yes data is turned on.

@jim_h 

Does data work okay?  

Were you an iphone user in the past?  If so, you will need to sign off from iMessage.  Or remove your phone number from iMessage.  

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@jim_h....

data turn ON ?

Need Help? Let's chat.