cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't call a certain number

ca3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My mom just moved homes in Uxbrdige, Ontario and got a new number from Rogers. It is a 365 number. I cannot call her with my phone anymore and neither can my brohter whose provider is Telus. They have told rogers multiple times that some people can't call their number. I am wondering if there is something that can be fixed on this end. Perhaps if public mobile knows the number I am trying to call, it can tell me why it is not going through.   I am wondering if it has something to do with the area code as before they had a 905 number in uxbridge but now it is a 365 area code? Could that be it? Maybe public mobile can't call that area code? I live 13 minutes from her so I should be able to call her. 

It works if other rogers customers try and call her but it does not work when I call or my kids(who are also on public mobile) and for telus customers. 

Any ideas other than just keep nagging rogers. It has been 3 weeks and I still can't call them. Can public mobile find out why it is not going through?

Edit:  Phone number redacted by will13am.  Please do not post personal information in the public forum.  

13 REPLIES 13

ca3

will do, thanks

ca3

ok thank you, will try it out tomorrow

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ca3 contact customer support here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can call people, including both landline and cell phones, using fongo. It’s also free to use

ca3

thank you:-)--it is actually their home phone which is not a cell phone so I can't text them

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ca3 While you're waiting for Rogers and PM to sort it out, try Fongo, or TextNow, app for free calling/texting on wifi (or cellular data). You could at least stay in touch.

ca3

thank you

ca3

thanks, did that-still doesn't work

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@ca3 try deleting your mom's saved number restart your phone and then try calling

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ca3 , this issue could be due to an account provisioning problem.  Please contact the moderator team and ask for an account reset.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. If use of smartform brings no joy, then use the following direct link to private message the moderator team. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.  Good luck.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ca3 

Can you try calling by putting a 1 in front.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@ca3 

Please choose the 3 vertical dots in the right hand corner of your post and delete your number. This is a public forum and everyone can see your number.

dots.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.