cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not port my number

r_jammu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i am trying to port my number from rogers under my name but public mobile is under my wife name wanna port over the number and keep getting this error if it does not work looks like i am gonna leave public mobile.

erro: We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

4 REPLIES 4

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@r_jammu, number porting does not require the sending and receiving accounts to have the same ownership.  The only thing required is the acknowledgment that the porting is authorized, meaning the person who owns the number is on board with the porting.  With respect to problems porting from Rogers, you have to be careful entering the account number.  On the bill the account number is parsed by hyphens.  When entering the account number into the porting screen, those hyphens are not be included.  Only enter the numbers without spacing.  In general, this is the format for entering the sending account number.  If the system will let you attempt a port again, give this a try.  If the system is not allowing a second attempt, then the moderator team should be contacted for assistance as already suggested. 

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@r_jammu wrote:

i am trying to port my number from rogers under my name but public mobile is under my wife name wanna port over the number and keep getting this error if it does not work looks like i am gonna leave public mobile.

erro: We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance.

You can try later but you can already ask for help to the moderator here... https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage and write moderator_team in send to explain what happened. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@r_jammu  - at the time you specify the number you want to port, there is no check of account owner, etc.  That would only happen after you enter the account information in the form (account number, PIN number IMEI, etc.)

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@r_jammu  It could be an issue with the browser you are using, try Chrome in incognito mode.

Need Help? Let's chat.