cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can not call outgoing

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Since the 15th june i changed new plan, my mobile phone has not been able to make outgoing calls. I logged into the website to check my plan and always prompted an error. This experience is very bad. I missed some important calls. could you help me solve this problem immediately ?

19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LovesToPM wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@7785879988, Sometimes manually dialing the number instead of calling using your contact list works.

@LovesToPM uhm, maybe if you have the contact's phone number stored in an incorrect format in your address book?  But I'd say (as long as you set up the contact correctly) you are far less to misdial it by dialing from the contact rather than manually punching in the numbers.

I totally agree. This issue has never happened to me. However there are a few threads on PM where people say they can't dial out, no out-going calls. Then poof, they try dialing manually and it works.

geopublic theorizes that when folks return from traveling that some contacts could get confused. Or it's stonechucker's observations that some sync-ing confuses things. Maybe upon return, this sync happens and then it's messed up.

Dunno. Never happens to me either.

@srlawren wrote:

@LovesToPM wrote:

@7785879988, Sometimes manually dialing the number instead of calling using your contact list works.

@LovesToPM uhm, maybe if you have the contact's phone number stored in an incorrect format in your address book?  But I'd say (as long as you set up the contact correctly) you are far less to misdial it by dialing from the contact rather than manually punching in the numbers.

I totally agree. This issue has never happened to me. However there are a few threads on PM where people say they can't dial out, no out-going calls. Then poof, they try dialing manually and it works.

@srlawren@LovesToPM 

I've had a few contacts get messed up, and this is the problem.  For whatever reason, I sometimes have a contact 'mess up' during syncs, and I've yet to pinpoint how it does it.

I'm betting, I've got two full update devices, and one should only be a 'read' sync, not an 'edit' sync.

Usually find the error when I've added a new email address for someone, then call them a few days later.  Definitely occurs on my 'bus stop' signs, with all the pause and wait codes hard coded.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@LovesToPM wrote:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

This is a community forum. Most of us are customers like yourself.

You mention you cannot make outgoing calls. Is everything else working?

If you have no service at all or your plan isn't active, then you need to contact The Moderator Team (Public Mobile employees) who will be able to help you.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@7785879988 wrote:

my plan 25cad 30day

@7785879988 wrote:

now i am trying buy more call package 5 cad to test call outgoing.

@7785879988  so here's the thing:  if you're paying $25 for 30 days, you've either got plan that includes unlimited Canada-wide calling, international texting, and a small amount of data, OR, you've got a plan that's data-only with no talk or text features at all.  In the first case, the add-on minutes will never get used as your plan has unlimited calling for any scenario where the add-on could otherwise be used.  In the second case, the add-on minutes will never get used because you cannot use long-distance add-on minutes if you have no talk in your plan.  So, either way I believe you just wasted $5 on the exercise.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@7785879988 Only the moderators can get access to your phone. You should contact the Moderator by private message them. You can simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and explain your issue. 

What plan were you on when you changed to the $25 unlimited Canada calling / unlimited text / 1 Gb data plan? Was that plan change set for your next renewal date which was June 15 or did you make an immediate change from old to new plan?

Terry

Have you tried turning off and restarting your phone?  It may sound silly, but it may solve the issue.

your 25 dollar plan should have unlimited calling

now i am trying buy more call package 5 cad to test call outgoing.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@7785879988 wrote:

Since the 15th june i changed new plan, my mobile phone has not been able to make outgoing calls. I logged into the website to check my plan and always prompted an error. This experience is very bad. I missed some important calls. could you help me solve this problem immediately ?

Sounds like something went afoul due to the change in your plan. You'll have to contact a moderator for their assistance. Click this to message them

Let them know what happened and hopefully they can correct things quickly.

Please allow up to 48 hours for a response, but usually much less.

@7785879988 wrote:

my plan 25cad 30day

@7785879988  When you dial 611 from your phone what happens?

incoming calls text and data work?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@7785879988 wrote:

You can try the lost/stolen trick..log into your account, select plans/add-ons, select phone lost, suspend, log out, wait 5 mins, log back in and report phone found, unsuspend, log out, restart phone and see if that resets everything.  If not try adding $1 top up to your account and restart phone.

my plan 25cad 30day

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@7785879988What kind of error do you have when you log in? Can you cut and paste the exact error message?

even can not call voice mail box

RossN
Mayor / Maire

hi what plan are you on?

Need Help? Let's chat.