Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New SIM card replaced and the message from Public Mobile is call *611

10 REPLIES 10

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@denis2 and @mh1983 

Whoa! Hold on to the activation talk. We don't actually know what the OP means.

@Anonymous thanks for that, I was about to post the same thing and then noticed your reply.  @denis2 @mh1983 if this SIM card is a replacement card (say, if you meant to keep an existing account but with a new SIM card), then going to the activate page is not at all the right thing to do. 

Understood, apologies. The overriding point is we need more info from the OP.

@Anonymous, @srlawren, I had the same 'stomp on the brakes' now thought.  Getting the whole story first is key before giving dangerous instructions.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@denis2 and @mh1983 

@Anonymous thanks for that, I was about to post the same thing and then noticed your reply.  @denis2 @mh1983 if this SIM card is a replacement card (say, if you meant to keep an existing account but with a new SIM card), then going to the activate page is not at all the right thing to do. 

I wouldn't normally be quite so strong but doing an activation would burn the $10 SIM or waste the previous account. Both of which we still don't know. If they had used if's and maybe's then I wouldn't've said anything.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@denis2 and @mh1983 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@eugenepomper wrote:

This is not enough information for any suggestions.  @eugenepomper please answer the questions of other users before trying any of the suggestions to activate the card.  It may just be a self-serve visit to reassign your SIM on your account.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@eugenepomper wrote:

Why you replaced your SIM card?

What phone are you using?

You phone may not compatible with PM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@denis2 and @mh1983 

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Did you go to http://activate.publicmobile.ca to activate the new SIM? 

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need more info

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@eugenepomperDo you have an active account when you log into selfserve? or is it a new SIM card with a new account? Have you connected your new SIM card to your current account?

Need Help? Let's chat.