cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: call ID

No. My home phone service is provided by my internet service provider, and my cellphone is from Rogers.

Highlighted
Oracle

Who was your last provider? Was it Roger's? I think they are the main company with name display.

Edit: this is from the Roger's website

Not really sure if PM fully supports this feature. Am thinking not. 

Name Display is a feature that allows you to see both a caller's name and number. This feature is different from Call Display, which simply displays a caller's number.

Keep in mind: If you've already added the caller to your phone's Contacts list, the name you stored on your phone will display, along with their number.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Rogers was their last cell carrier so it makes sense now.

Thank you all for the discussions. So, it seems Public Mobile does not provide my name to the receivers I call from my cellphone although my cellphone number is displayed to the receivers.

Oracle

@wang01_99 wrote:

Thank you all for the discussions. So, it seems Public Mobile does not provide my name to the receivers I call from my cellphone although my cellphone number is displayed to the receivers.

Correct. 

its a feature available with your company. if you dont want your name to be displyed you have to call respective provider and they can remove name from appearing but your number will still appear depending on service they have subscribed. past days most company were charging for this feature but it has become common feature now.

enjoy!!

@bravo_md wrote:

The call receiver has to have that feature to show name and number.   That is a payed service that the call reciever has to have on their phone.        Just make sure that your caller ID is turned ON on your phone.  Look under settings  (for your phone).

Public Mobile doesn't broadcast a name with an outgoing call.  So, the receiving customer sucribing to name display feature would not make any difference.