cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

call ID

wang01_99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

how to have my phone number and name appear on the phone that receives mt call?

16 REPLIES 16

@bravo_md wrote:

The call receiver has to have that feature to show name and number.   That is a payed service that the call reciever has to have on their phone.        Just make sure that your caller ID is turned ON on your phone.  Look under settings  (for your phone).

Public Mobile doesn't broadcast a name with an outgoing call.  So, the receiving customer sucribing to name display feature would not make any difference.

bhavpate4

its a feature available with your company. if you dont want your name to be displyed you have to call respective provider and they can remove name from appearing but your number will still appear depending on service they have subscribed. past days most company were charging for this feature but it has become common feature now.

enjoy!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wang01_99 wrote:

Thank you all for the discussions. So, it seems Public Mobile does not provide my name to the receivers I call from my cellphone although my cellphone number is displayed to the receivers.

Correct. 

wang01_99

Thank you all for the discussions. So, it seems Public Mobile does not provide my name to the receivers I call from my cellphone although my cellphone number is displayed to the receivers.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Rogers was their last cell carrier so it makes sense now.

mimmo

Who was your last provider? Was it Roger's? I think they are the main company with name display.

Edit: this is from the Roger's website

Not really sure if PM fully supports this feature. Am thinking not. 

Name Display is a feature that allows you to see both a caller's name and number. This feature is different from Call Display, which simply displays a caller's number.

Keep in mind: If you've already added the caller to your phone's Contacts list, the name you stored on your phone will display, along with their number.

wang01_99

No. My home phone service is provided by my internet service provider, and my cellphone is from Rogers.

bravo_md

Was your last cell phone carrier the SAME as your current home phone supplier (landline).

bravo_md

The call receiver has to have that feature to show name and number.   That is a payed service that the call reciever has to have on their phone.        Just make sure that your caller ID is turned ON on your phone.  Look under settings  (for your phone).

wang01_99

Thanks. I have my home phone number in the contact list. I call it from my cellphone, the cellphone number appears on the home phone display but without my name. This same occurs when I call my friends. However, before I changed to Public Mobile a week ago, my name and cellphone number did appear on the receiver's phone display. Any idea how to set it up on my cellphone?

@wang01_99 wrote:

Thank. WHat I want to do is if I call you, I want my name and phone number appear on your phone display such that you know it is me.

This should be straightforward.  The feature is self contained in the phone.  If you have your contact list loaded in the phone receiving the call, the phone will look up the number from the contact list and display the name of the caller as it was entered in the contract list.  

bravo_md

Make sure YOUR caller ID is ON,   on your phone, and not turned off.   Check  under settings on your phone.

wang01_99

Thank. WHat I want to do is if I call you, I want my name and phone number appear on your phone display such that you know it is me.

mimmo

@wang01_99  are you talking about caller ID or name display?

Caller ID the receiver needs to have you stored on contacts. 

For name display your name will appear instead of unknown number. This is carrier dependant feature. 

bravo_md

Also make your phone SETTINGS are set to SHOW your number  (and NOT) block them..

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

The receiver's phone would need to subscribe to call display with their provider.

Need Help? Let's chat.