cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blacklisted

Trevorglove08
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm not or will I ever be a public mobile customer yet they have blacklisted the tablet I purchased and have reciepts for from a pawnshop. I'm in a very pissed off mood I have to deal with no customer service. I would appreciate my tablet being removed from a blacklist or a customer service number for non customers thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

@Trevorglove08 Let me clarify.Once a device is blaclisted you must contact the company or the provider that blaclisted it and request it be removed. They will only do this if you have a legitimate reason for it to be removed. Other than that there will be no way to be able to use that phone with any other phone carrier.

@geopublic Yes, Public does and can blacklist devices and remove them from the blacklist.

@Trevorglove08 Your issue isn't with Public Mobile but with the store that sold you the phone. The pawn shop sold a stolen or reported as lost device. That's on them. Public Mobile isn't going to remove this from the national blacklist. While mistakes do happen, this device is likely blacklisted for good reason.  Go back to the store with the device and receipt and ask for a refund. If they won't provide a refund, call the police.

@geopublic  @gblackma @Trevorglove08 

Public mobile doesnt blacklist a device from the standpoint of selling a device but they will blacklist your device if you are a customer and request it when your device is stolen. Consequently if your device is found they will ask for it to be removed for you if both you had requested it and they had done so on your behalf which takes approximately 72 hours to do so....

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Trevorglove08  You got it all wrong. PM doesn't blacklist devices nor can they remove them from the blacklist.

Go back to the pawn shop and ask for your money back.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Trevorglove08 Public Mobile doesn't sell or lock phones and tablets. Stay safe. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Trevorglove08 

Public mobile didnt blacklist your tablet the person it was stolen from did. Pm doesnt sell devices so they dont blacklist them. Phone your local police and have them attend when you go back to the pawn shop with your reciept and ask for your money back. The police can then acquire the id given at the time of sale to the pawn shop when the tablet was either sold or pawned to them to find the thief. Otherwise the pawn shop can be charged with recieving stolen goods,

Edit: unless of course the customer who owned the tablet had the $30 data only plan then pm would blacklist for them....regardless your issue is with the pawn shop but you may be able to get a reward if the owner of the tablet sees your message!

Need Help? Let's chat.