cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best place to purchase a new iphone

Spiker
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I've been with Public for years now and love the lowest cost and the service is fine for my needs. The problem is now my iphone5S needs to be replaced with a new one. If i go to the Apple store as I did with my current , the cost of a new iphoneXR is over $1000. Does anyone know of a better place to purchase a new phone? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Spiker I am late to this thread but have purchased 4 new, with Apple warranty, iPhones for my family over the last year. The best deals by far were Koodo phones purchased at https://www.themobileshop.ca/en/phones when they had specials offers with large Optimum bonuses points (150,000-300,000), and often an extra 50,000 ($50) for any phone trade-in. If you trade an iPhone it must first be deregistered from your iCloud account. 

It does require keeping a Koodo account for 90 days; so factor that into the cost. A Koodo referral gives a credit of $10/month which defrays the activation fee. I usually get the lowest small tab plan and pay any up front cost on the phone to get it.

If you'd consider a used phone, 3 friends were pleased with phones from https://www.getorchard.com/.

Happy hunting. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

kellmike626
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Take a look at Costco. From one of the forums I'm on, they had the iPhone SE (same size as 5S) for $200 for 32 GB, and I think $300 for 128 GB. But the stock is probably almost depleted and your closest store may not carry it, so maybe call?

Otherwise, if you want a new iPhone, you could try Apple and see what they'll give you for your 5S. I doubt much, but something is better than nothing.

Used, you could always try kijiji or facebook marketplace. I see people selling brand new or lightly used iPhones (6S, SE, 7) all the time on there that people purchase from Koodo to flip for a small profit. Usually they're cheap, depending on area you're in. I'd lean towards marketplace so you have their first/last name, and it keeps people honest I find. Never had a bad experience on there yet.

luke11992
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you aren't set on new, Facebook Marketplace always has tons of people selling phones. You could find a new model that will be lightly used.

bishamon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My suggestion would be if you are buying directly from Apple, get the online rewards like Aeroplan & Ebates.

However, if you are buying an older model, sometimes stores may have them for cheaper like Amazon or staples or Costco.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you want an Android phone - you can find unlocked older models at Staples, best buy,Walmart,  new egg, and Costco.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Do you mean a new older model? You could try Amazon. You can get a 6S for like $250, for example. Make sure you pick one with a good warranty included.

Need Help? Let's chat.