cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

android 8.1 apn settings

embacher
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am trying to get mobile data to work on new phone. I have purchased a ROAM mobility SIM card and can change the settings. Where do I find what these settings should be?

24 REPLIES 24

@HiChem1 

Compare the APN settings below, try to update it and save:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms

or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled

or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

HiChem1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can you send me this apn type 

bikee_bobby123

thanks you man you so a **bleep**ing genius

embacher

hi.....followed instructions and data seems to work, Thank you for your help.

embacher

...yes I can edit it down, have tried to leave it blank, also have tried to use "default,mms" it then automatically adds text as per screenshot.

@embacher  Best to do a network reset on that phone. Remove all other APN entries and add the sp.mb.com entry again make sure you save it.

Insert the PM sim and see if it works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@embacher wrote:

Hi, answer to your question, leaving APN type blank did the trick. I have another problem, my wife has a Umidigi phone, has a Public Mobile plan and I have the same problem with getting data to work. I get the same message "carrier does not allow adding APNs of type *. Have tried all the suggestions you made getting my other phone to work. When I try to leave it blank it automatically fills in text, see screenshot.

That's a whole lot more stuff in that APN Type field that probably isn't needed.

Can you edit it down?

embacher

Hi, answer to your question, leaving APN type blank did the trick. I have another problem, my wife has a Umidigi phone, has a Public Mobile plan and I have the same problem with getting data to work. I get the same message "carrier does not allow adding APNs of type *. Have tried all the suggestions you made getting my other phone to work. When I try to leave it blank it automatically fills in text, see screenshot.UmidigiScreenshot..png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@embacher wrote:

......Hi.....I think that did the trick, I turned off WIFI and sent a message to myself and received it. Will let you know if innfact data is working, thank you for your patience.....Ernie

Which one? Blank or special characters?

embacher

......Hi.....I think that did the trick, I turned off WIFI and sent a message to myself and received it. Will let you know if innfact data is working, thank you for your patience.....Ernie

@embacher wrote:

........have changed it to "default,mms" gives me the same message.

@embacher  Leave it blank. If it gives you the same message then post a screenshot. Also make sure the name does not contain any special characters.

embacher

........have changed it to "default,mms" gives me the same message.

@embacher wrote:

I have checked APN tipe settings, this what I entered.

default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

@embacher Change it to default,mms

embacher

I have 2 active phones, the one I am trying to set up now is an elefone_X and the other one is a umidigi, I have not tried yet to set it up for data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@embacher wrote:

Having a problem taking a screen shot. Holding down the vol. down button at the same time as power button does not seem to work. Any ideas how to do it....

In your post history you've written about 3 different phones. Which one are we talking about here?

mperras

How long are you holding down the buttons? On my phone you need to do it for a second or two. 

@embacher wrote:

Having a problem taking a screen shot. Holding down the vol. down button at the same time as power button does not seem to work. Any ideas how to do it....

@embacher 

1. 1- Go to the screen you want to capturethe screen.
  2. 2- Press simultaneously the power key and the volume key down of your UMIDIGIsmartphone. ...
  3. 3- The captured image is automatically saved in the gallery of your phone or tablet.

embacher

Anonymous
Not applicable

@embacher wrote:

It would be easier to provide screen caps as requested.

embacher

@embacher wrote:

Hi.......have istalled Roam sim card. I am now able to add a new APN and entered apn settings as per your post. I now get a message "Carrier does not allow adding APNs of type*."

I was very careful to make sure I have made no mistakes. Any ideas? Thanks again for all your help.

@embacher Post a screenshot of your APN settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@embacher wrote:

Hi.......have istalled Roam sim card. I am now able to add a new APN and entered apn settings as per your post. I now get a message "Carrier does not allow adding APNs of type*."

I was very careful to make sure I have made no mistakes. Any ideas? Thanks again for all your help.

Maybe the name is blank or APN Type. Recheck those settings. No spaces in APN Type. Make sure case is correct.

embacher

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@embacher wrote:

I am trying to get mobile data to work on new phone. I have purchased a ROAM mobility SIM card and can change the settings. Where do I find what these settings should be?

These are the Public Mobile APN settings you need:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Don't forget to save these settings and then select this APN as the active one.

Need Help? Let's chat.