cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

alcatel one touch idol 3 4.7

Chadihamdan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

i'm looking into buying an Alcatel one touch idol 3 4.7 and i want to know if it will work pn PM.

this is the specs of the bands:

GSM (850/900/1800/1900), UMTS (850/900/1900/2100), LTE FDD (Bands 1/3/7/8/20)

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Chadihamdan

hello,

it's directly from http://www.alcatelonetouch.ca/phones/shop-unlocked-phones

Chadi

Hi. Just curious: what carrier is Alcatel Onetouch Idol 3 4.7 In from initially? Also, fantastic choice. I have the 5.5 version myself, an excellent decision indeed

Chadihamdan

thank you all for your reply. it answer my question.

Martin
Legend
Legend
To the OP:

You've been presented with a positive and negative response to your inquiry.

The reply of imm1304 is the correct one.

If you were to visit www.willmyphonework.net and entered the make and model of the phone, the results would indicate that the unit is fully compatible with PM.

For your information, 3G 850 MHz is Band 5, and 1900 MHz is Band 2. 4G LTE 1700 MHz and 2100 MHz, when paired, is Band 4. 1700 MHz is used for the uploading of data from phone to tower, whereas 2100 MHz is for downloading data from tower to phone. 4G LTE-Advanced is 700 MHz, which is Band 17.

I hope that this has clarified matters for you.

Enjoy your new phone!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Chadihamdan,

According to a quick search I did, your phone is fully compatible with the Public Mobile network, including the LTE bands (Band 17 = 700MHz, and AWS 1700/2100 will serve as the other LTE band).

vrance
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @Chadihamdan, based on the specs, it will work on Public Mobile for 3G (UMTS 850/1900) but not LTE (it lacks band 4 1700/2100), which is quite alright for normal data usage.  Please ensure the phone is either unlocked or locked to Telus/Koodo.

Need Help? Let's chat.