cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5Z APN settings

shine2k
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't add a new APN or edit an existing one on my phone. What's going on? There is no "new" option and all the settings are greyed out when I try to edit an old APN.

Screenshot_20190323-201015979.jpg

Screenshot_20190323-201156489.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

I can't add a new APN or edit an existing one on my phone. What's going on? There is no "new" option and all the settings are greyed out when I try to edit an old APN.

If you are running Android 8.1 just add the PM APN and because there is no save or add button just hit the back buttom and it should save it.

I'm on Android 9 and I don't understand how I'm supposed to "just add the PM APN" if there's no add button. There's no fields that I can type anything into.

Goto Settings -> More -> Cellurar Network settings -> Access point name

Press Menus and select New APN

When I go into settings there isn't a "more" option. If I go to settings>connections>mobile network>access point names then there isn't any option to add a new APN as shown in my screenshots.

Are you running a custom ROM?

I'm not sure what that means so I'm assuming it's safe to say the answer is no.

Will it let you modify the existing Telus APN settings?

No. All the settings options are greyed out, as shown in one of the screenshots I posted.

Sorry, I can't be of anymore help. Your best bet is to open up a ticket with Asus and ask them what to do. Also, in previous posts some people have reported that if you enter a Freedom SIM or Speakout in Asus Zenfones it will allow you to add APN's.

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

shine2k

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

If you are running Android 8.1 just add the PM APN and because there is no save or add button just hit the back buttom and it should save it.

I'm on Android 9 and I don't understand how I'm supposed to "just add the PM APN" if there's no add button. There's no fields that I can type anything into.

When I go into settings there isn't a "more" option. If I go to settings>connections>mobile network>access point names then there isn't any option to add a new APN as shown in my screenshots.

No. All the settings options are greyed out, as shown in one of the screenshots I posted.

sandpublic

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

Person said that there is no add option.  This is blocked on some phones.

shine2k

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

sandpublic

@shine2k wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

shine2k

@sandpublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

shine2k

@NDesai wrote:

@shine2k  Have you tried updating your software version to latest? Also try tapping beside the search button.

I found a post concerning the similar issue you are having. Take a look here: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-252762-1-1.html

Thanks. But I did update and I also had already read that article and tried that trick but it didn't work. I'm assuming it only worked on a previous software update.

sandpublic

@shine2k wrote:

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@shine2k  Have you tried updating your software version to latest? Also try tapping beside the search button.

I found a post concerning the similar issue you are having. Take a look here: https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-252762-1-1.html

shine2k

@joepublic wrote:

@shine2k wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@shine2k, you need to create your own APN as the ones loaded into the phone do not include the Public Mobile APN.  Check out this knowledge base article for information on APN settings.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Activate/ta-p/251824

joepublic

@shine2k wrote:

Need Help? Let's chat.