cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Zenfone 5Q issue with mms picture messaging

@will13am wrote:

@anna94, for APN type field, try entering default,supl,mms.  Some carriers use multiple APNs with separate one for mms.  That is how I had to configure my phone when I was with Wind mobile.  Since we have one APN here that contains everything, including the extras as suggested may be important to some phones.  Personally, this is what I enter as a rule, so I don't even know whether my phones would tolerate anything different. 

Changed the APN values and restarted phone and unfortunately pictures still won't send or receive.

Screenshot_20190130-174835.png

@anna94 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@anna94, for APN type field, try entering default,supl,mms.  Some carriers use multiple APNs with separate one for mms.  That is how I had to configure my phone when I was with Wind mobile.  Since we have one APN here that contains everything, including the extras as suggested may be important to some phones.  Personally, this is what I enter as a rule, so I don't even know whether my phones would tolerate anything different. 

Changed the APN values and restarted phone and unfortunately pictures still won't send or receive.

Is there a space before the zero in MMS proxy? If there is, there shouldn't be.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@computergeek541 wrote:

@anna94 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Omg thank you that seems to have been it! Pictures are now going through. Thanks @computergeek541 & @will13am you saved my sanity. 

@anna94 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@anna94 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

Omg thank you that seems to have been it! Pictures are now going through. Thanks @computergeek541 & @will13am you saved my sanity. 

Glad we could help.  I do not know if the mms in APN type is requied (it might be), but I do know the space before the 0 would definitely cause failure.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having a similar problem. Even at hoe when my phone shows it is connected to wifi, it will not send pictures through messages (factory messaging app). Have no idea how to fix it. I reset the APN information and the only way pitures will go is if I turn on data BUT this phone does not have any data because it is just for my son for emergencies.

Mayor / Maire

@KCross wrote:

I am having a similar problem. Even at hoe when my phone shows it is connected to wifi, it will not send pictures through messages (factory messaging app). Have no idea how to fix it. I reset the APN information and the only way pitures will go is if I turn on data BUT this phone does not have any data because it is just for my son for emergencies.

Multimedia message is only through data network. It won't work on wifi. Data needs be turned on in phone even without a data plan. Try using apn type of default,mms