cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5Q issue with mms picture messaging

anna94
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I got a new phone a couple of days ago Zenfone 5Q ZC600KL and I'm not having any luck getting the mms to work.

So far I have:

1.Manually changed apn settings to those recommended here (APN Settings

2. Restarted the phone / turned on & off wifi / turned on & off mobile  and all suggested combos of the above.

3. Took sim out & put back in

4. Reset phone to factory settings twice

All firmware is up to date. Texting app is the default pre-installed google messages. I'm really at my wits end and hoping somebody might have a solution.

Screenshot_20190130-100957.png

15 REPLIES 15

@KCross wrote:

I am having a similar problem. Even at hoe when my phone shows it is connected to wifi, it will not send pictures through messages (factory messaging app). Have no idea how to fix it. I reset the APN information and the only way pitures will go is if I turn on data BUT this phone does not have any data because it is just for my son for emergencies.

Multimedia message is only through data network. It won't work on wifi. Data needs be turned on in phone even without a data plan. Try using apn type of default,mms

KCross
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having a similar problem. Even at hoe when my phone shows it is connected to wifi, it will not send pictures through messages (factory messaging app). Have no idea how to fix it. I reset the APN information and the only way pitures will go is if I turn on data BUT this phone does not have any data because it is just for my son for emergencies.

@anna94 wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@anna94 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@anna94, for APN type field, try entering default,supl,mms.  Some carriers use multiple APNs with separate one for mms.  That is how I had to configure my phone when I was with Wind mobile.  Since we have one APN here that contains everything, including the extras as suggested may be important to some phones.  Personally, this is what I enter as a rule, so I don't even know whether my phones would tolerate anything different. 

Changed the APN values and restarted phone and unfortunately pictures still won't send or receive.

Screenshot_20190130-174835.png

Is there a space before the zero in MMS proxy? If there is, there shouldn't be.

Omg thank you that seems to have been it! Pictures are now going through. Thanks @computergeek541 & @will13am you saved my sanity. 

Glad we could help.  I do not know if the mms in APN type is requied (it might be), but I do know the space before the 0 would definitely cause failure.

anna94

@computergeek541 wrote:

@anna94 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@anna94, for APN type field, try entering default,supl,mms.  Some carriers use multiple APNs with separate one for mms.  That is how I had to configure my phone when I was with Wind mobile.  Since we have one APN here that contains everything, including the extras as suggested may be important to some phones.  Personally, this is what I enter as a rule, so I don't even know whether my phones would tolerate anything different. 

Changed the APN values and restarted phone and unfortunately pictures still won't send or receive.

Omg thank you that seems to have been it! Pictures are now going through. Thanks @computergeek541 & @will13am you saved my sanity. 

@anna94 wrote:

@will13am wrote:

anna94

@will13am wrote:

@Jessica_T wrote:

I am having difficulty reading your APN values so someone with better eyes might be able to see the error, if there is one.

Will13am spotted it.  The mms value is missing from APN type.

anna94

@Jessica_T wrote:

@anna94 wrote:

I switched to 3G only, restarted and still no luck. 

@anna94Did you try @will13am's suggestion?

I'm trying to get to the report lost or stolen page by clicking on the Plan and Addons tab but I'm getting this page:Screenshot_20190130-172633.png

Already tried logging in and out on 2 phones and laptop same thing happens. It's just not my day today lol

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@anna94 wrote:

@anna94Did you try @will13am's suggestion?

anna94

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

Has it worked since you started with Public Mobile? Did you port your number from another company? If it hasn't worked and you did port your number you may have an incomplete port and will need to contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

If is has been working until you got a new phone then try going into your account, reporting your phone as lost, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found.

Jessica_T

@anna94 wrote:

Yes data works fine with wifi off. I just had a thought that my public mobile data plan is 3G speeds, not sure if that makes a difference in this case. 

@anna94If mobile data is working it should be fine. Was just a thought.

Your 3G plan is still running on the LTE network unless you tell the phone not to and force 3G. It's LTE but speeds are maxed out at 3 meg.

I am having difficulty reading your APN values so someone with better eyes might be able to see the error, if there is one.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

anna94

Yes data works fine with wifi off. I just had a thought that my public mobile data plan is 3G speeds, not sure if that makes a difference in this case. 

Jessica_T

@anna94Is your mobile data working, are you able to surf the internet with wifi off?

Are you on LTE, try switching manually to 3G. I ask because there are 2 versions of the 5Q zc600kl, a europe version and a usa version. The europe version is missing most of the required bands for 4G/LTE, also missing 1900 for 3G but worth a shot to try.

Need Help? Let's chat.