cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Zenfone 5Q issue with mms picture messaging

I got a new phone a couple of days ago Zenfone 5Q ZC600KL and I'm not having any luck getting the mms to work.

So far I have:

1.Manually changed apn settings to those recommended here (APN Settings

2. Restarted the phone / turned on & off wifi / turned on & off mobile  and all suggested combos of the above.

3. Took sim out & put back in

4. Reset phone to factory settings twice

All firmware is up to date. Texting app is the default pre-installed google messages. I'm really at my wits end and hoping somebody might have a solution.

Screenshot_20190130-100957.png

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: Zenfone 5Q issue with mms picture messaging

@anna94Is your mobile data working, are you able to surf the internet with wifi off?

Are you on LTE, try switching manually to 3G. I ask because there are 2 versions of the 5Q zc600kl, a europe version and a usa version. The europe version is missing most of the required bands for 4G/LTE, also missing 1900 for 3G but worth a shot to try.

Yes data works fine with wifi off. I just had a thought that my public mobile data plan is 3G speeds, not sure if that makes a difference in this case. 

Oracle

@anna94, for APN type field, try entering default,supl,mms.  Some carriers use multiple APNs with separate one for mms.  That is how I had to configure my phone when I was with Wind mobile.  Since we have one APN here that contains everything, including the extras as suggested may be important to some phones.  Personally, this is what I enter as a rule, so I don't even know whether my phones would tolerate anything different. 

@anna94 wrote:

Yes data works fine with wifi off. I just had a thought that my public mobile data plan is 3G speeds, not sure if that makes a difference in this case. 

@anna94If mobile data is working it should be fine. Was just a thought.

Your 3G plan is still running on the LTE network unless you tell the phone not to and force 3G. It's LTE but speeds are maxed out at 3 meg.

I am having difficulty reading your APN values so someone with better eyes might be able to see the error, if there is one.

Mayor / Maire

Has it worked since you started with Public Mobile? Did you port your number from another company? If it hasn't worked and you did port your number you may have an incomplete port and will need to contact a moderator here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

If is has been working until you got a new phone then try going into your account, reporting your phone as lost, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found.

I switched to 3G only, restarted and still no luck. 

@anna94 wrote:

@anna94Did you try @will13am's suggestion?

@Jessica_T wrote:

@anna94 wrote:

@anna94Did you try @will13am's suggestion?

I'm trying to get to the report lost or stolen page by clicking on the Plan and Addons tab but I'm getting this page:Screenshot_20190130-172633.png

Already tried logging in and out on 2 phones and laptop same thing happens. It's just not my day today lol

@Jessica_T wrote:

I am having difficulty reading your APN values so someone with better eyes might be able to see the error, if there is one.

Will13am spotted it.  The mms value is missing from APN type.