cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yippee! Just Got The Moto G4 Plus

danette77
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got the Moto G4 Plus a few days ago and have pretty good things to say about it.

Man this phone is fast, absolutely no lag at all. Great battery life too. The camera takes amazing shots that are on par with my high end Olympus camera. And the fingerprint scanner unlocks in less than a second and makes me feel like I'm a cool spy on a secret mission. Smiley LOL

Note: My only minor complaint is that due to the ascending ringtone feature on this phone (the ringtone starts out low volume and gradually goes to loud volume in about 2 seconds) some apps that use 2 second ringtones as notifications may be low volume. I have worked around this issue by adding a loud 30 second notification reminder using this app. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.app.missednotificationsreminder

So fellow Public Mobile peeps, if you're thinking about getting this phone overall it's fantastic, go for it.

For anyone who's interested, here are the specs. I have the 32 GB version. http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Motorola-Moto-G4-Plus_id10053

11 REPLIES 11

jpar

I like Motorola phones too. Wouldn't mind getting another one

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Thanks for the review. I've had a couple of Moto phones (Both before and after Google took over) and they are great phones. The Moto X I had was a super solid phone. I would have kept it if it had more storage and a bigger battery (or removable). I miss some of the features of that phone.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @annemarie!

I agree with your strategy as well.  No longer buying phones on contract thanks to PM and love the fact that I end up saving much more overall.  🙂  

annemarie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@imm1304
That's great. I love Motorola phones!
I have had 2 Moto G phones, and my current phone is a Moto E 2nd gen. I can't afford a phone that costs more than $200-$250. I like to pay whatever the cost of the phone is upfront instead of getting it as part of a plan from a certain carrier etc.

ajanda
@danette77 It's great 👍 that you enjoy using the phone. I have recommend the regular Moto G4 model many times in the forums. The plus has the added bonus of a better camera and fingerprint reader. The stock software experience makes it much better.

Enjoy it

danette77

@imm1304 wrote:

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a great phone. Enjoy!  

Usually, there is an option to disable the ascending ringtone if you dont like it.   Or are you saying that you want to keep it but as a side effect the notification chime is low volume?

@imm1304  I couldn't seem to find a way to disable the ascending ringtone anywhere in the settings or by searching Google so I worked around it instead  

danette77

@Watoko wrote:

It has a very unique "home" button -- it's a square unlike most other phones! Thanks for sharing.

@Watoko  The square is actually the fingerprint sensor, it has a software home button

shartomjam
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just got this phone after Christmas as well.  Loving it.

Watoko
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It has a very unique "home" button -- it's a square unlike most other phones! Thanks for sharing.

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
It's a nice phone, I got one as a backup during the holidays, one thing i don't like the charging port digs into my finger when doing one hand browsing.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for sharing. It looks like a great phone. Enjoy!  

Usually, there is an option to disable the ascending ringtone if you dont like it.   Or are you saying that you want to keep it but as a side effect the notification chime is low volume?

Need Help? Let's chat.