cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: Xone phone

@Arjay wrote:

I still see no definitive answer...does publicmobile support xone phones?

No, the Xone Phone does not support all the necessary Public (Telus) radio frequencies.

The Xone is also nearly identical spec point-by-point with generic unlocked smartphones (like the Telus-compatible RCA RLTP6066) which are available at most local vendors for <$100. It's not at all the low-cost high-spec it promises to be.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes or no would be a good answer.

@Arjay wrote:

It's simple yes or no answer would not be a proper complete answer.  The phone mentioned in this thread will work for data and text messaging, but only in a limited amount of places because of the LTE frequencies it supports.

If the website that @GinYVR referenced at https://medium.com/@reviewcountry01/xone-phone-review-the-amazing-smartphone-912749ebf1ca earlier is accurate,  LTE will only work on Band 7 at Public Mobile.

Based on those same specs for this Xone phone model, it will not work for any phone calls at Public Mobile.

So, if you want a yes or no answer, the answer is "no", although that is not entirely accurate.

Mayor / Maire

@Arjay wrote:

@Arjay I agree with @computergeek541 , but if you want a simple yes or no, I would say in this case that the simple answer is "no", and the slightly longer answer is "this phone is likely to only work in some geographical areas, while getting no signal at all in others; the advice of the community is that you pass on this and find another, more compatible model."

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
PSW
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Been using the Honor 8X for a few weeks and I have been quite happy with it. Works very well with the network. An inexpensive phone that doesn't feel cheap.

Mayor / Maire

@PSW wrote:

Been using the Honor 8X for a few weeks and I have been quite happy with it. Works very well with the network. An inexpensive phone that doesn't feel cheap.

@PSW thanks for following up!  Robot wink

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.