cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xoimi redmi 4a

Tarun
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have xoimi redmi 4A and i also checked capability of this phone and public network site shows its capable but i am not able to use public network sim in my phone, i also visit Walmart for fix this problem they said i have to communicate online. So please help me for fixing this problem

10 REPLIES 10

@Tarun wrote:

i just bought from india through Amazon.in

@Tarun wrote:

I tried 2g, 3g as well as LTE. Also. But didn't get any response.

Yea Amazon.IN is India sorry about that. The manufacture says India version does not work here. Looks like you got the wrong one but amazon is excellent with returns, try to return it and buy the global version. Xiaomi makes some of the best phones you just want to make sure you buy the global version

Not that first time I have run into willmyphonework missing the submodel. I clicked Sub-Model not listed here? Then I selected Missing Device Sub-Model on the contact form and I sent them a letter explaining their site is missing the Xoimi redmi 4a India version hoping to save someone in the future a similar headache

@Tarun wrote:

I guess Robert is right, this phone is not compatible for use in North America.

Tarun

Tarun

I checked the status with your given liken. It show my phone is not in blacklist and there is no any claim i have taken like for stolen. Furthermore i don't know the version of the phone i just bought from india through Amazon.in i i can give my phone's imei that is 862110403670885. Whenever i install my sim in redmi 4a it show no network but it show the sim name as well as new voice mail in notification bar.

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Tarun, try selecting 3G only and see if the phone connects?  I suspect you got the Asian version which does not have band 4 LTE support.  All versions of Xiaomi should work on 3G.

@will13amThe non global version of the redmi 4A (India) is missing 3G 850/1900 as per GSM Arena. For 3G it only has 900/2100 or is GSM arena incorrect?

I just checked the manufacture. https://www.mi.com/in/redmi4a/specs/

For 3G it only has band 1 and band 8, it is missing 3g band 2/5

3GWCDMAB1,B8

I went to willmyphonework and that database said all models will work on 3G. 

@will13amwillmyphonework's database seems to be missing the Indian version, it only lists China/Malaysia. Based on the manufacture's website the Indian version won't work so I am not sure 😕

@RobertQc wrote:

@will13am wrote:

@Tarun, try selecting 3G only and see if the phone connects?  I suspect you got the Asian version which does not have band 4 LTE support.  All versions of Xiaomi should work on 3G.

@will13amThe non global version of the redmi 4A (India) is missing 3G 850/1900 as per GSM Arena. For 3G it only has 900/2100 or is GSM arena incorrect?

3GWCDMAB1,B8

I went to willmyphonework and that database said all models will work on 3G. 

@will13am wrote:

3GWCDMAB1,B8

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

My posts are being removed when I edit them...

Jessica_T
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Where did you buy the phone from and which version did you buy? There are 2 versions. Not all versions will work on all providers. One will work and one will not. If you did not buy the global version then it does not have the necessary band technology for the telus network and the phone will not work.

Can you walk us through what is not working, the status of your account and all of the details from your phone including your phones network status and do you have another phone you can try the sim in. This will help isolate account vs hardware issues. While you are at it have you tried entering your IMEI to check on this site? If your phone's internal code IMEI has been added to this list it will not work in Canada. https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/.    

Need Help? Let's chat.