cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin
Legend

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2, 'no service' after activating SIM

Hello,

No offence was intended by my question about counterfeits. Buyers have been known to purchase phones with false IMEIs and/or non-authourized components.

In light of the phone working on certain networks, but not PM's, logic dictates that there is incompatibility with Public Mobile's network.

Considering that you sent web mail to customer assistance, but were dissatisfied with the reply, I will send a private message to a Community Manager, a staff member of PM. The manager will contact you very early next week, by private message, to determine if your phone can ultimately function on the PM network. I am therefore requesting your patience until you're contacted.

I hope that the above will address your concerns in the interim.
Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired

@kitwithbell

Thank you for your patience, with this issue you are experiencing! I do find it odd that your phone would work with Koodo and not with Public Mobile. Also I did send you a private message so that I can personally assist you. @Martin

Would you mind answering the private message that I sent you and please provide me a screenshot of your phone showing that the network is connected to Koodo.

It can be a simple SIM card error that your experiencing as well.....

ThanksSmiley Happy

kitwithbell
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Martin You show me your kind concern to correct something I might misunderstand and even good suggestion. Thanks for that.

Martin
Legend

Hi,

You're welcome.

I hope that you become a customer of Public Mobile with your Redmi.

Cheers!
kitwithbell

@Jeremy_Msurely, I don't mind your private message. I will rather welcome and am appreciating for your trying. 
I will get ready for the screenshot with Koodo Sim. If you need something, please do not hesitate to tell me that. Thanks !!

kitwithbell

@Martin Solved!! get tired for now. I will post the symptoms, trial errors, and tip soon. Thanks all. 

@Martin wrote:
Hi,

You're welcome.

I hope that you become a customer of Public Mobile with your Redmi.

Cheers!

Martin
Legend

Hello,

That's great to hear!

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Cheers.
imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Congrats @kitwithbell, I was wondering how your phone could work on Koodo but not on PM.  Look forward to hearing how you got it to work.  Do share your experience as it could help others too.  

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired

@kitwithbell

Once you post how you resolved your issue, please mark the thread as resolved, so others with the same issue can follow your lead.

Cheers, and welcome to PM!

View solution in original post

Luddite
Oracle

WOWIE. I can admit that I am truly amazed that PM went the effort to resolve this problem. I fully expected them to provide a refund and end @kitwithbell 's  service. 

Not often I have been pleased with our telecommunication industry; guess there is hope for some of them after all.

Fingers crossed service is stable.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. Je ne suis pas un moderateur.
Need Help? Let's chat.