cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Redmi 4X - MMS not working

Taylor76
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi.  I've purchased the global version of the Xiaomi Redmi 4x phone and I signed up with Public Mobile a few days ago.  Everything is working fine, phone, data, texting, but I cannot seem to send or receive MMS messages.  I've tried every possible combination of suggestions on the boards (swapping SIMs, reset all of APNs then re-add the Public Moblie, add in a separate APN pf CA - Public Moblie with the type of MMS, setting the APN type to be default,supl,mms) .. all with no luck.  Are there any suggestions to try or could there be an issue with my account where MMS isnt enabled?

11 REPLIES 11

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hey @Taylor76

Glad to see that @Luddite suggestion worked for you 🙂 Thanks for your help, big time!

If ever you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to send us a private message and we'll be more than happy to help.

Cheers,

Ashley

Taylor76

Thank you to @Luddite for going above and waay beyond for me 🙂  The link was extremely informative and ultimately provided me with a workable solution.   The issue I do believe was that my phone upgraded from MIUI8 to MIUI9 and that messed up the permissions in the Google Messenger app as well as the built in / default messaging app on the phone.   I did play with the permissions settings and try to no avail, but I did install Textra and it worked immediately.  I will try uninstalling the Messager App another day and running some system clean up apps as the link suggested (and possibly resetting the phone as a last resort if ever needed), but for now, the Textra app is fantastic and works great!  Thank you again @Luddite .. you truly are an Oracle 🙂

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite going above and beyond as usual 🙂  hope your link might helps

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Taylor76 No idea but found this post elsewhere: http://techsarjan.com/2016/08/mobile-data-connection-problem-xiaomi-miui7-8-solved.html It is most odd to have data connection and MMS fails. Hope you can resolve it without resorting to a texting app.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

sabbie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try turning on data services. 

I know on my phone, if I don't turn on my LTE or 4G, none of the MMS that are sent to me will be received until i do.

mimmo

I know occasionally I have not been able to send MMS but a day later it worked.  Also maybe try a different app.

Taylor76

The plan that I signed up for was the 

Pick & Pay $42
This plan includes: -
- 1 + 1GB BONUS at 3G Speed
- 3 Choices with Provincial Talk
- Unlimited International Text
- Unlimited Provincial Talk

Taylor76

I've just tried these settings (and also, removed all of the "default,mms,supl" from the other APNs listed, rebooted, and still nothing.  (not able to send or receive MMS messages).

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Taylor76 What plan is listed in your account?

I think all the permutations have been tried, but here is my list:

Try these ideas:

• Make sure that you are not connected to wifi while attempting to send/receive MMS.  The data connection has to be on for MMS to work.  
  • Go back to the phone's APN settings and for "APN type" enter "default,mms,supl" and save.  Reboot the phone and test MMS.  
  • If you have multiple APNs listed, ONLY one, the PM one, should have the APN type "default".

So the the complete settings list:

  APN: sp.mb.com

  Proxy: Unspecified

  Port: Unspecified

  Username: Unspecified

  Password: Unspecified

  Server: Unspecified

  MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

  MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

  MMS port: 80

  MCC: 302

  MNC: 220

  Authentication type: Unspecified

*  APN type: default,mms,supl

*  APN roaming Protocol: IPv4

  Bearer: Unspecified

  MVNO type: GID

  MVNO value: 4D4F

mimmo

There is one setting in the APN that you might need to add something that is not in the instructions. But I can't remember exactly.

@Luddite, @srlawren do you know the setting I am referring to?

Need Help? Let's chat.