cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xiaomi Mi MIX - WOW!

fktw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Surprised no one has brought this up yet...Xiaomi annouced the Mi MIX, which sports a 6.4" borderless display!  Looks like a gamechanger to me!  Thoughts?

http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_teases_mi_mix_concept_with_borderless_display-news-21282.php

7 REPLIES 7

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
I saw on another forum that Geek buying had it up for preorder - 800+ cad for the 4/128gb version and over 1000 for the 6/256gb. I could never spend that much money on a phone with effectively no warranty (well, ship it back to China for 80 bucks and hope they don't decide to say it's water damage when it isn't warranty, any way). I loved me some grey market ChinaPhones, but I struggle to spending more than 250CAD, based on warranty issues alone. And God help you if its DOA.

Ionut
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

The fact that comes with no borders, a Snapdragon 821 ( 8 core) 4/6 GB of ram, 4k video recording fast charging (81% in 30 min) and finger print make me salivating.
Also the price is cool.

ckl
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Pretty impressive phone. I would buy it.

but, I'd have to wait until some user reviews come out to get an idea of what the real problems are. I'm worried about the performance of that piezo type speaker as a replacement for the top ear speaker.

WearySky

@hassantq wrote:
I wish more of their phones would support North American LTE. I was interested in the Mi5 but it only supports 2600mhz lte for North America which is limited to some areas only. Rest of the time it will go down to only 3G which sucks.

Yeah, the Chinese phones are really only good for LTE on Rogers/Fido. The Rogers 2600 coverage far surpasses everybody else's. but LeEco is launching in the US next month, with full NA LTE band support, so that's promising. I like the look of the Le Pro 3. Especially at $299us

hassantq
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I wish more of their phones would support North American LTE. I was interested in the Mi5 but it only supports 2600mhz lte for North America which is limited to some areas only. Rest of the time it will go down to only 3G which sucks.

domenicocortez
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yep, Shy-omi is awesome, but Mi Mix is more a "concept" phone, limited edition...

And maybe my next phone will be mi5s, maybe...

McLaren

Looks so pretty without bezels.  Here's a review from mkbhd

https://youtu.be/m7plA1ALkQw

Need Help? Let's chat.