cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't send pictures in Messaging

krazzykanuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently joined PM and tried to text a picture today. It tried for a while but didn't send.

19 REPLIES 19

sgarvin

I had the same thing and had the APN and everything set the way it was supposed to.  In my case, the data capability was just "full".  Here's what I did (this was suggested by someone else here)

In General Settings, choose Apps. Go to your mail app (mine is Gmail) and choose Storage. Choose the clear data button, and then ok to clear it.  This will set your data being stored by email back to 0.  

I found that I could now send and receive pictures by text as well as email.  Apparently on my phone, receiving a lot of email pictures and attachments also fills up the data space for texts, so clearing it out helps both apps. (I don't think that's the technical way it works, but that's the way it looks to me).

I find I still have to do this every couple of weeks and it always gets it working again.

I don't know if this will help you, but it won't hurt anything to try it.  Good luck!

zeedjz

I have my APN set correctly and I have my Data turned on.  When I go to send an attached picture with  my text it gets stuck on send so far for 10 minutes. I tried turning my phone off and on again and then just asks me to retry sending the text where the same thing happens again. Can someone help me.

sgarvin

Just used this solution and it worked immediately!  Thanks!

I have been unable to send a picture with text.  I have been able to receive a picture with text, or send a picture with email, but not send a picture with text.  This works !

Abenit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Apparently I just needed to mssg you lol I restarted again and its working ! Thanks

@AbenitPost a screenshoot of your APN.. in previous cases people did a typo etc. It could be as simple as that.. I assume you have data enabled?

Abenit
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I confirmed my settings are correct in the link you supplied . Any other ideas why pictures wont send/receive? 

krazzykanuck

I had the correct APN settings based on the search provided but they didn't work. The ones from z10user4Mayor / Maire seemed to do the trick.        

ba14ii
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

check the APN settings. i found at first the default SMS app didnt work on my phone. tried Textra then back to the original, then it worked. not sure why but this helped me . best of luck!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@krazzykanuck  Make sure MMS is enabled within your texting application and also make sure yout APN type contains MMS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazzykanuck wrote:

Yes, data on, wifi off. Texting works.

Texting doesn't need data on. MMS or picture messaging does.

It should have come in automatically but confirm with the following:

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

krazzykanuck

Yes, data on, wifi off. Texting works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazzykanuck wrote:

Could you be more specific....what is the "data mode"? Thanks.

Settings/Connections/Data usage/Mobile data - slide to the right to turn on data mode or cell data or just data.

Mellyp

Mobile data

There is WiFi then mobile data

You can turn both on and off

krazzykanuck

Could you be more specific....what is the "data mode"? Thanks.

Mellyp

I've had to reset the VPN

Also restarting the phone helps

And also turning on data when sending pictures or really long messages

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazzykanuck wrote:

As far as I know the APN setting is correct. It is a Galaxy S7.

l also have an S7. The APN did just happen automagically. So did you try with the data mode on?

krazzykanuck

As far as I know the APN setting is correct. It is a Galaxy S7.

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @krazzykanuck ,

Have you checked the APN setting on your phone, though it should be automatically set.

What type of phone are you using as this may also require it's own seting like iPhone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@krazzykanuck wrote:

I recently joined PM and tried to text a picture today. It tried for a while but didn't send.

Did you turn on cell data?

Need Help? Let's chat.