cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the moto g from telus work with PM

Fujtaj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

If I buy the Moto g(3rd gen) from the telus online store will it work with Public Mobile? Or will I need to unlock it? I did search for a bit and I'm having a hard time figuring out if it's supported by the PM network or not. 

Other option is to buy an unlocked Nexus 5 however the battery life is not as good as on the Moto G and thats quite important for me.

Or any other suggestion in the 200-300$ range?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Well, phones should last for as long as possible

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Before purchasing the unit, read the conditions under which the phone can be returned, especially if there is 15-day or 30-day buyer's remorse.

Enjoy your new phone!

Cheers.

Fujtaj

Thanks guys. I will try my chance with the telus Moto g.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi 778,

You're welcome!

Fortunately, I still have my first two 2013 Moto G units. When brand-new, each lasted 13 hours. Now, after non-stop usage, each lasts approximately 6.5 hours, only 3.5 hours less than my 4-month-old 2015 Moto G. 😞

There you go @Fujtaj - it's always good to have some personal experience to rely on when choosing a device to purchase.

@Martin Thanks as always for sharing this personal experience!

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Though your experience may vary, the battery in the Telus 2015 Moto G may last only 10 hours with light consecutive use. I've had the preceding phone for 4 months. I use Wi-Fi only, and can't get beyond the 10-hour mark, which is very disappointing.

FYI.

Fujtaj

Thanks for replying. I saw in another thread that only the ones with a purple label on the box would work so I was wondering.

Mayor / Maire

@Fujtaj Yes, it will work without any problems. Any Telus phone will work on PM without unlocking. So you can go ahead and buy it if you like.

Need Help? Let's chat.