cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will my phone work?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

PM has posted the following on the page Your Phone Might Not Work: "Remember our SIM cards are free, so the best way to find out if you’re ready for our network is to just order one and try it out." (I got this response when I entered the IMEI for my iPhone which does, in fact, operate on PM.)

So, my question is really does the SIM show a netwrok connection BEFORE one must pay for their plan?

If so, seems like the best answer to my question is to get a SIM and try it. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
10 REPLIES 10

I was new to the Community when I posed this question and so apologize for taking up your time when I know the answer. Watch for a new question, which is really what I would like to know.

Thanks for following up.

AdamAy007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
@Luddite I'm glad I could be of help to you, and to answer your first question, yes your phone will work.

Correct.

AdamAy007
Therefore your phone should work on public mobile, whether It is unlocked or not

From Telus but I had it unlocked by Telus to use in the UK; $35 at the time but $50 now I understand.

Unlocking is not straight forward; unlocking can only be completed via iTunes on your PC as the code from Telus is only the 1st step. 

AdamAy007
Is if from either telus or koodo? Or unlocked?

@AdamAy007 I have an iPhone 5.

AdamAy007
@Luddite what kind of phone do you have?

There is also this post on network requirements: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-know-if-my-phone-will-work-on...

AdamAy007
If you'd phone has the 3g or 4glte gsm bands, than it should have no problem whatsoever working with Public Mobile. Most phones do have those bands, and if your phone is among brands like:
LG
Motorola
Apple
Samsung
Htc
Huawei
Sony
And so on..

Then your phone should work just fine!
Need Help? Let's chat.