cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Will PM support the new iPhone Xs and Xs Max’s eSIM capability?

@geopublic wrote:

@jimbobs wrote:

eSIM is on the way and it appears that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. 

@jimbobs  So if the manufactures decide to go with eSIM only what happens when the eSIM malfunctions after the phone's warranty has expired. Currently  if there is an issue with my SIM I just need to get a new one ($10.00 fix).

But what happens if your eSIM reader doesn't work correctly (IME, a pretty common problem)? 

For PM, there will be no difference whatsoever.  You will still go to a store and buy an eSIM but instead of a piece of plastic, you will get a QR code or a bar code on a card and you will enter that into your phone.  The same code will be entered on the self-serve page in exactly the same way as the physical SIM number is entered today.

This all seems much simpler than buying a piece of plastic and sticking it into a carrier which you shove into your device.  Plus you can have multiple eSIM's for diferent service providers, different services and different territories.  Truly a no-brainer, in my opinion, and I can see no reason for hestitation or concern.

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

when we have esim service?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@JaredTCurrently only Bell (Bell, Virgin, Lucky), Rogers (Rogers, Fido) and Freedom support eSIM

Highlighted
Oracle

Come on folks, this is a tier 3 service.  This eSIM thing is bleeding edge.  Telus would purposely not roll it out here to ensure Public Mobiles place in the pecking order.  I guess I get a chance to say my favorite yet again.  This service is best enjoyed for what it is, not what you hope it to be.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

According to Apple's website, only Bell will be supporting eSim for now: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/bell/bell-canada-esim-iphone-xs/

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Just use the physical SIM slot if you want to use an overpriced iPhone XR/S/SMax.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So far, according to the Apple website, only Bell is supporting the eSIM.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Telus and Rogers are selling them.  Bell was the first to agree to sell them, and use the eSIM tech in Canada.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

As mentioned by others, only physical SIM is supported by Public Mobile for now.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

From a MobileSyrup article:

"Telus and its sub-brands are looking to add eSIM and dual SIM technology later this year. However, Telus could not provide a specific time frame."

Don't Telus already support the Apple Watch? If so, they must be able to support eSIM.

Need Help? Let's chat.