cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Will PM support the new iPhone Xs and Xs Max’s eSIM capability?

Apple yesterday announced that the new iPhones will have an eSIM built into the phone. So I’m wondering whether PM will be able to use the eSIM instead of the physical SIM.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Will PM support the new iPhone Xs and Xs Max’s eSIM capability?

@OKok wrote:

Apple yesterday announced that the new iPhones will have an eSIM built into the phone. So I’m wondering whether PM will be able to use the eSIM instead of the physical SIM.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/E-SIM-support/m-p/189166#M14820

@Jeremy_M wrote:

right now, there is no talks of PM using this technology. If anything changes, I will make sure it's communicated through the Community.

JM

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I doubt it because Public Mobile doesn't have VoLTE yet.

Oracle

Come on folks, this is a tier 3 service.  This eSIM thing is bleeding edge.  Telus would purposely not roll it out here to ensure Public Mobiles place in the pecking order.  I guess I get a chance to say my favorite yet again.  This service is best enjoyed for what it is, not what you hope it to be.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

According to Apple's website, only Bell will be supporting eSim for now: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carriers/bell/bell-canada-esim-iphone-xs/

Mayor / Maire

Just use the physical SIM slot if you want to use an overpriced iPhone XR/S/SMax.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So far, according to the Apple website, only Bell is supporting the eSIM.

Telus and Rogers are selling them.  Bell was the first to agree to sell them, and use the eSIM tech in Canada.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

As mentioned by others, only physical SIM is supported by Public Mobile for now.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

VoLTE has nothing to do with eSIM.