cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Huawei Honor 4C work in Public Mobile?

glenr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Model Number is CHM-UL00. Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

@glenr wrote:

Thank you @7789849803!

My pleasure! 🙂

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @glenr,

Its safe to say that your phone is unlocked, otherwise it would have asked for an unlock code when you inserted the PM sim.  

Are you sure the model variant is UL-00 and not UL01?  I ask because your phone is behaving as if it doesn't have the right band for PM (not seeing "Public Mobile" in operator list).  I just checked and the 01 variant is not compatible with PM.  

Some generic hints:  Just verify that the preferred network mode is set to 3G, toggle airplane mode on and off and reboot.  Let it sit for 5-10 minutes to see if it connects to PM.  Some phoes take a while to connect to the network for the first time.  You can also try a factory reset if you don't mind loosing personal data from your phone or if your data is backed up.  

glenr

Thank you @7789849803!

@glenr Since you are able to see only those two networks, I would start by taking the phone to a local repair shop to see what they say. The phone doesn't seem to be SIM locked (it's accepting your SIM just fine), and if it network locked, you'd still be able to see other networks (including Telus) but you wouldn't be able to connect to them.

Maybe what's going on is a separate hardware/software issue that a mobile phone repair shop would be able to diagnose readily?

glenr

Many thanks for your info!

I thought the phone might be unlocked since there's no unlock code being asked when I insert PM sim. It shows my phone number in status but only found Roger 2G and Wind 3G in operator list. Will request unlock code though.

@glenr The network frequency that Telus uses for 4G (1700 MHz. FDD) is not supported by the Honor 4C. However, both the 3G (HSPA) frequencies used by Telus are supported (850/1900 MHz.), so PM 3G can technically work on that phone.

Of course, the phone still needs to be unlocked and not reported as lost/stolen before.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

Try reading through this thread: Will my phone work? and come back if you have additional questions.

And How do I know if my phone will work on the Public Mobile network? and http://www.willmyphonework.net

Yet another thought if you already have the phone is to get a PM SIM and install it. See Risk Free Activation - costs $10

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.