cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wife lost iPhone - SIM Question

vacek
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My wife lost her iPhone X in the ocean today (no joke) ...

I have an older iPhone here, and an old SIM card I used for pre-paid for a short while (for an extra for babysitters)

When I log into her account, and try changing SIM to the spare one I have here (that is not in use) I get the following:

"Sorry, the SIM card number is invalid or already in use."

Is there any way I can have this SIM reset (as it is not in use and hasnt been for months) ?

Thoughts?

6 REPLIES 6

vacek

Thank you.

Off to get a new SIM locally (The sheer panic of her without a phone is kinda comical 😉 )

Thanks all !

@vacek wrote:

I should not have to create a new account, with a new email address ...

There is an option to "Change SIM card" in her account ...

Under what conditions will this work ? Do I simply need to purchase a new SIM , do the change sim card in her account and her number will then be associated with the new SIM ?

@vacek  Yes that is correct.

Still, no way to use the PM SIM I already have on hand ? Unfortunately no.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You won't be able reuse a previously activated sim.  You can purchase a new at canadiancellsupplies.ca.

vacek

I should not have to create a new account, with a new email address ...

There is an option to "Change SIM card" in her account ...

Under what conditions will this work ? Do I simply need to purchase a new SIM , do the change sim card in her account and her number will then be associated with the new SIM ?

Still, no way to use the PM SIM I already have on hand ?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@vacek wrote:

I have an older iPhone here, and an old SIM card I used for pre-paid for a short while (for an extra for babysitters)

When I log into her account, and try changing SIM to the spare one I have here (that is not in use) I get the following:

Is there any way I can have this SIM reset (as it is not in use and hasnt been for months) ?

Thoughts?

@vacek  Unfortunately you cannot use a previously activated SIM card . You will need to purchase a new sim card access your wife's selfserve and select the change sim card option.

cs.png

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@vacek wrote:

Thoughts?

If the old sim was for Public Mobile and has been Suspended for 90 days or more, then that account has been closed for good. You'll need a new sim to start a new account with a different emaail address.

Need Help? Let's chat.