Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi calling

1vk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does PM support wifi calling?

11 REPLIES 11

yes.. TextNow seems to work very well.  But it's a bit too many ads

I also tried Fongo, call quality not as good as TextNow..  there are a lot more in the settings to try to get the call quality better, but I don't think they are useful at all.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

With the many free apps available on the web, you're bound to find something that suits your needs. I've been using Textnow for many years and it works nicely for me to supplement the limited minutes of the low-cost plans.

@biron_richard you forgot this is a Tier 3 carrier

The closest to Wi-Fi calling for Tier 3 carrier is Lucky's Wifi Talk & Text app calling , but that is not true Wi-Fi calling

biron_richard
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What a poor answer I would think Public mobile is in a communication services and would like to reach as much client as possible wherever they are in the basement or in the rural area👎

@JS6100 wrote:

Hi buddy 

you said about wifi calling 

so basically we want wifi calling in basements or when you face issues related with network (range) problem but I don't think so anyone face networking issue because PM have very large network coverage and if you face network problem so you have check your phone 

I'm not sure that @1vk is having an actual reception problem. It's possible, but sometimes, people are just curious and will ask a question about the topic. As for customers wanting service is basements, there isn't any carrier that works anywhere and everywhere. Underground service is known to be of poorer quality, so that doesn't necessarily mean that there's a device issue.

JS6100
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi buddy 

you said about wifi calling 

so basically we want wifi calling in basements or when you face issues related with network (range) problem but I don't think so anyone face networking issue because PM have very large network coverage and if you face network problem so you have check your phone 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sheytoon wrote:

@srlawren on FIRE!! 👍

@sheytoon uh oh!

giphy

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Kim1971kim wrote:

I don’t think so

@Kim1971kim this was not needed, @will13am answered this more than 2 hours before you posted.

@will13am wrote:

@1vk, Public Mobile does not support WiFi calling.  It is unlikely to do so.  This is a tier 3 service aimed at low price and not feature rich service. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Kim1971kim
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don’t think so

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@1vk, Public Mobile does not support WiFi calling.  It is unlikely to do so.  This is a tier 3 service aimed at low price and not feature rich service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.