cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my Moto G phone drop signal while on conversation and gives me the "no network available'

Kiru
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my Moto G phone drop signal while on conversation and gives me the "no network available'.

I bought this phone at Public mobile store on Wellesly St, just before Telus took over.

The situation continues sometime hours. I update android 5.0. seemed like solved the problem for a while, Even after that happened.

I  set my phone "factory data reset". o.k for a while, and It happened again

Is somebody playing with my service, just i am wondering(???????).

Could you please somebody went through this found right solution, reply?

Thank you

11 REPLIES 11

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kiru wrote:

Hi Makkahn,

Outside element is not the culprit, wind mobile signal is very good in my apartment, and this is second floor.

thanks anyways.

I am Confused I thought you were with PublicMobile. What does good Wind Signal in your Apartment have to do with PublicMobile? Please Explain

Thanks

Kiru

Hi Luddit, haven't tried on other phone yet. Let you know soon

Kiru

Hi Makkahn,

Outside element is not the culprit, wind mobile signal is very good in my apartment, and this is second floor.

thanks anyways.

Kiru

Hi Rick, haven't tried on other phone yet. Let you know soon.

thank you.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Think of it as SIM failure which is possible. Do like the idea of trying it in a different phone.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Rick
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Try ordering a new sim card and see if that will help with the reception. It sound like you either have a problem with you sim or your phone. Have you tried your sim in another phone to see if the issue is still there?

ALSO, My Analysis is, Possibly, that Outside interference, elements OUTSIDE Public Mobile's control.

Also, if in buildings, Basements, wireless signals can also affect signal strength conditions.

Try moving to other locations to rule out Phone problems, and see if outside elements is the culpret.

@Kiru, please update on progress

@Kiru, I have Similar Handset, Moto G (1st Gen). I'm using an Otter box protective case. My signal strength has been nothing less than spectacular.

I have been in different areas, Including where you mentioned, signal strength always Full

Have you tried other areas to see if Signal improves?

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle
Hate to say it, but that sounds like phone problem. You should at least try reboot, and then a factory reset (after you back up the data). Also if you have friend with a PM compatible phone you could try your SIM in it.

Hopefully, some Moto G users have some additional suggestions. @makkahn28 perhaps?

Kiru

Hi Luddite,

Thank you for taking time and giving me suggestions. It happens everywhere i go,  downtown area( younge and bloor), yorkdale area( bridgeland and dufferin).

Taking off protective case, that is one of the thing i did.still same.

I hate calling 611 on my phone which i did try, because, it takes forever to get somebody answering.

Kiru

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

If you have not changed your plan since buying the phone, you can call PM tech support at *611.

You haven't said whether the problem only occurs in a specific location or everywhere.

I can tell you my sister had this problem and it was eliminated when she removed her phone's protective case. Turned out that the shiny metallic coating on it interfered with reception.

Need Help? Let's chat.