cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do i get a micro sim card bc my new samsung S5 did not read my normal sim card ?

peterbergen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cut my normal sim card into micro but my phone is not reading it...

10 REPLIES 10

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
With prepaid there is nothing to cancel, you pay you have service if you don't pay you don't have service its as simple as that with all prepaid accounts with any cell phone provider however if you want to port your number go to the provider of your choice along with your PM account number tell them you want to port your active PM number over and they will take care of the rest. If you don't want to port then just stop paying and after 90 days of not paying it will auto cancel.

peterbergen

That was my problem in terms of unlocking and I used my friend SIM card to unlock it..but still my SIM card does not work..My phone still says that NO SIM. I think I screwd my sim card...and Public mobile takes two weeks to send me a new SIM. However , i need phone..I am gonna cancel it but i love public mobile...How to cancel my line..pls help ??

chukdefatey
Oh okay, if that the case I think his Sim is cut right and he is not getting the prompts to input the unlock code, I suggest removing any Sim card you have in the phone and then do a Factory Master Reset and before the phone reboots to turn back on insert the PM Sim card, you should then get the prompts to input the unlock code. If that doesn't work google for other instructions on how to input the code. There is usually more then one way to enter the unlock code

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chukdefatey 

I think he has a phone he has an unlock code for and needs to put a foreign sim in to prompt the unlock but it's not working

chukdefatey
@peterbergen, I didn't understand your reply but @Griff has posted the instructions on how to get a replacement Sim.

Like I said I didn't understand your reply but if you cut your Sim card right it should work. I have cut a up-sized(with adapter) a lot of Sim cards and never had any issues and I didn't use any template or anything. I just used scissors and when I say a lot I mean a lot

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @peterbergen 

The instructions to getting a replacement SIM card are posted here

I haven't had to order a SIM online but I believe it takes between 2-3 weeks

peterbergen

I have this phone from Rogers and I need to put  this PM micro sim to unloack my phone first and used it...After i cut it buy using correct micro sim templeate... i am not getting the "invalid SIM" rather "No sim "

Is that possible to buy micro sim from Public mobile as soon as possible ?

chukdefatey
@OP, if you cut it properly it should work. Have you tried a different providers Sim card in the S5 to rule out Hardware issue? If you bought it used via kijiji or craigslist then it may have been reported lost or stolen or may belong to an unpaid under contract bill, which could be why your phone is not reading the Sim card

DK
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Hi, not sure how you got your S5 but if bought used you might want to try a friends SIM card first if unlocked or try a Telus sim if locked to Telus/Koodo.

If your phone was used and blacklisted you will not get service with any sim you put in there. Also check www.protectyourdata.ca for your imei.

Just a thought

Hope everything works out

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

If you a PM customer, click on Contact Us on the homepage's left column. Email Away will be displayed after clicking. Click Email Away, and other page will open with a radio button web form and a link, None of the above, next to it.

Choose the one which is more appropriate to your situation.

Good luck!
Need Help? Let's chat.