cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Where can I buy a phone to use with Public Mobile?

I'm not suggesting that he pay for 4 months,  BanJan did. The point was that without a gift, he is able to cancel within the first month ( 14 Days would be better) and just pay the cost of the phone. For your information on the cost of Koodo's plans, the lowest cost is $30

@Chicklets wrote:

I'm not suggesting that he pay for 4 months The point was that without a gift, he is able to cancel within the first month ( 14 Days would be better) and just pay the cost of the phone. For your information on the cost of Koodo's plans, the lowest cost is $30

@Chicklets, yes, that's without the Tab, but based on the conversation, he's been talking about with the tab which will bump the price to $45.

i see what where the $45 came from. My error.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Honestly if you want a cheap decent phone just go on kijiji or craigslist.. That's what I did lol Smiley Happy
Legend

Hi,

If you go to Red Flag Deals forum, you can read thread after thread about people taking multiple precautions and still being ripped off by sellers on each of the above. One common technique is to file an insurance claim for a lost phone months after the sale. The result is the blacklisting of the phone, and immediate termination of service.

Buyer beware!
Mayor / Maire

Hi. I personally wouldn't trust Kijiji at all, since the risks outweigh the good. Amazon or eBay at least have some Safeguards in place. I would buy MY phone from reputable places, Like Carriers, Manufacturers, Best Buy, to avoid such hassles personally

I was debating between buying an unlocked phone from eBay or from Amazon. I ended up going with eBay because it was a bit cheaper

Any telus or koodoo locked phone should work. You can get unlocked phones via amazon(blu). Newegg.ca has a good selection of.unlocked phones as well

You can buy my galaxy s3 don't need it anymore

We got my wife the Google Nexus 5x (for her new account with PM) straight from google play. It was almost $200 cheaper from Google store than it was getting it from the big 3 carriers or their sub brands. There was a Play store promo at the time for 50$ off that was applied at the checkout so we go the phone for $389, but regular retail is $439 and shipping was $0 for 2-7 days and we received it in 4. Should be worth mentioning that a USED samsung galaxy s5 sells for $340 to $360 at PMs trusted hardware provider.

With the new Nexus devices coming in October (usual time nexus devices launch every year), good chance Nexus 5x ($439) and Nexus 6p ($699) will drop in price even further this summer.

We have purchaced 2 phones (Nexus 4 and Nexus 5x) and 4 devices total (other 2 being Nexus Player and Nexus 7 Gen2 tablet) from Play store over the years, shipping is always fast and everything is always super smooth. I prefer my phones to be free of carrier and brand bloatware.