cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i put my sim card into another phone all my data disappeare

Seawatersoul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The other phone i was using totally glitched...like so Glitched It's absolutely and totally unusable so I put my simcard into this moto z2 play and because that pm was saying I still have atleast 1GB  SO ANNOYING !!! you guys and gals ever experience this?  If you did what was the fix? Thank you for All you do 

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Does anyone completely understand what the issue is?  @Seawatersoul could you give us a few more details?  Such as:

- how much data is included in your plan?

- how much data did you think you had remaining before you moved the SIM card to the Moto?

- were you expecting to have more than 1 GB remaining at that point in time, or less?

- what was annoying about having "at least" 1 GB remaining? 

In other words: what were you expecting and what annoyed you?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Seawatersoul 

You need to take advantage of any access to free wifi as possible so when you set up a new/old phone that important updates, data back ups and downloads in general are getting done on wifi. Try to plan when you can do this....meeting for a coffee at Timmy's? Upload your photos to your google account, download some music to your phone or a micro sd card in your phone.

To find local cafes with free wifi...

http://www.wificafespots.com/wifi/city/CA-NS-Antigonish

The next time you are near free wifi download this app to help you find free wifi where ever you go...

https://www.wiman.me/canada/free-wifi-antigonish

og2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Seawatersoul 

Click on the APN settings link in @Anonymous  post.

That is the main fix to look at

•  

@Anonymous wrote:

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

@Anonymous, sorry just don't understand, how reboot or reseat SIM helps to get the 1GB data back?

It is possible the new phone was using the Mobile Data to download OS update or Google Store download.  Or It is also possible you were setting up the phone and Google was downloading the backup/restore files off the cloud using Mobile Data. 

If you was following phone setup when you use this "another" phone, it sounds to me that you didn't setup Wifi during the phone  setup process

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

How to reset network settings on an IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  HERE 

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click HERE

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visiting HERE.

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

or if you like it to do factory reset settings to cleaning everything.

@Seawatersoul wrote:

That is actually how are knew I had data left m'dear 😉

@Seawatersoul ...so what actually did you see before and see after.

It sounds like you seen 1GB after you made the switch??

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Seawatersoul wrote:

The other phone i was using totally glitched...like so Glitched It's absolutely and totally unusable

Makes sense. 

so I put my simcard into this moto z2 play and because that pm was saying I still have atleast 1GB  SO ANNOYING !!!

Ok so you want to use your 1GB

you guys and gals ever experience this?

What?

If you did what was the fix? 

Fix what?

Seawatersoul
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That is actually how are knew I had data left m'dear 😉

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Seawatersoul wrote:

The other phone i was using totally glitched...like so Glitched It's absolutely and totally unusable so I put my simcard into this moto z2 play and because that pm was saying I still have atleast 1GB  SO ANNOYING !!! you guys and gals ever experience this?  If you did what was the fix? Thank you for All you do 

Log into self service and look under My Data & Add-Ons to confirm your amount of data you have left.

Need Help? Let's chat.