cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: When can we expect eSIM to become available ?

My hero!

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FHomer well at the risk of getting a snarky reply, I don't think anyone has yet suggested that if you really need to use a nano+e-sim dual-sim phone with Public Mobile right now, the workaround would be to use the physical SIM slot for PM and use the eSIM capability for your other provider. This of course assumes that your other provider supports eSIM, so disregard if you are for example using two PM accounts. This may not be an ideal workaround, but could meet your needs.  If you've already thought of this then please note I'm not trying to be condescending, just throwing out a possible alternative to your stated needs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Right - so at issue is my second sim is a corporate issued Rogers SIM, and I can't easily switch that to eSIM without getting lots of management involved.  I've always traditionally used a dual SIM phone (Xiaomi - which BTW supports eSIM just in Malaysia for the Global version, and in China for the Chinese versions) but am in need of a replacement

So no, for this to work I *NEED* PM to be on eSIM.  However, I have *NOT* asked for a solution to my technical issues, but rather for the OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL word as to when this can happen, and plan my phone purchases accordingly - ended up getting the Pixel 4a via Koodo small tab HUP and will hope for the best

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer wrote:

So no, for this to work I *NEED* PM to be on eSIM.  However, I have *NOT* asked for a solution to my technical issues, but rather for the OFFICIAL and UNOFFICIAL word as to when this can happen, and plan my phone purchases accordingly - ended up getting the Pixel 4a via Koodo small tab HUP and will hope for the best

PM does not support eSIM form factor at this time.

PM has never "officially" said anything about eSIMs.

"Unofficially" I would recommend not holding your breath. eSIM migration is only now starting to trickle down to second tier, and PM's whole business model (BYOD, etc) means they'll likely be the very last Canadian operator to adopt eSIMs, maybe a few years from now.

If you want to use PM then your phone must have an available SIM card slot to support PM's SIM cards. This is the only option PM supports.

If this won't support your "needs" then you'll have to reconfigure the arrangement of other SIMs in the phone. Or choose a different phone. Or choose a different operator than PM.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yup, am leaning towards Lucky Mobile

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@FHomer for the moment, you're out of luck then.  sorry for trying to help.  have a great life.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer yes your best option is lucky mobile. they support esim, wifi calling all the good stuff. public mobiles highlight features are being able to decrease your phone bill. if you're not interested in the rewards program then you should consider switching to lucky

Need Help? Let's chat.