cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: When can we expect eSIM to become available ?

While I appreciate the reply, as anyone can see this questions has already gone off topic.  Basically the FIRST REPLY was the most helpful, all subsequent ones are people trying to earn points by babbling on and on without reading the question

But PLEASE, keep on educating me how eSIMs works - because that's EXACTLY what I don't understand and need clarification from fellow PM end users

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer 

Good of you to search. I've not heard any news as to if and when PM will support activating on an eSIM. But I certainly don't know everything. Can you point us to this alleged spreadsheet?

Highlighted

Sorry no link to spreadsheet, as you've seen my "status" I rarely post here - just to Mods for issues.  I just saw mentions of a leaked spreadsheet when someone official was presenting something and PM was listed is eSIM for 2020

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer  At one point a long time ago. I can't remember maybe January. Tiana accidentally had a screenshot of an excel  work spreadsheet in her pictures. I notified her and she removed it. 

On the spreadsheet one task was "ESIM" and the notes basically said. Start looking into Esim and see if it's a viable option for PM.

Haven't seen or heard anything else about esim. So only PM would now which they won't tell us.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Here is more info from Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESIM

Highlighted

Wow, a wiki link - it has exact date when PM will have eSIM then ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer wrote:

Wow, a wiki link - it has exact date when PM will have eSIM then ?

Snark much? You seemed a little unsure of what eSIM was.

No one here other than company reps with the PM icon will have any clue when it might be supported. Go snark all over them.

Find a provider that supports eSIM and then use the PM SIM as your DUAL SIM account.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Dude, I feel ya.  On a forum where people get up votes for replying for potential credit, you have to expect people will respond with whatever is at the top of their head.

I want eSIM too.  I have an Apple Watch with cellular I can't use because of no eSIM support.

Hey Public reps, any official word on this?

Highlighted

Wait, there must be a WIKI entry on how to use eSIM on your Apple Watch, want me to google that for you ?

Need Help? Let's chat.