cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When can we expect eSIM to become available ?

There are significant Black Friday deals on Google Pixel phones - and I need a dual SIM phone with one of them being PM.  Is there any kind of official word as to when eSIM can be traded-in/purchased ?

Tags (1)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: When can we expect eSIM to become available ?

@FHomer wrote:

There are significant Black Friday deals on Google Pixel phones - and I need a dual SIM phone with one of them being PM.  Is there any kind of official word as to when eSIM can be traded-in/purchased ?

No official word yet from PM.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@FHomer wrote:

No official word yet from PM.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer Only PM knows. There are no official news about that yet.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer wrote:

The "e" in eSIM means embedded. You don't buy an eSIM. You activate a service using it. But PM doesn't support activating on an eSIM.

Highlighted

Sorry dude, you do have to "BUY" an eSIM when it comes to PM - it'll be same model as Telus and Koodo

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer wrote:

@FHomer There are no issues. Only one of the supported sims on the Pixel phones is esim. The other is a normal nano (physical) sim. PM doesn't need to support esim for you to use that phone here. Just make sure you have a physical PM sim card.

Highlighted

Are people blindly replying for points or something ?

I need a DUAL-SIM phone, and since PIXEL works as a DUAL-SIM with a nano + eSIM, I would like to get a PM eSIM

Not asking TECHNICALLY how it works here people, just the OFFICIAL word as to when it will become available.  I saw previous posts about a leaked spreadsheet, any followup to that ?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I wouldn't hold my breath to be honest

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@FHomer You need to take a deep breath. Generally people reply here to help out. They are just fellow customers. You may not like or appreciate the help but you can always take a breath and ignore it, like this post.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

It is unknown if PM will support esim.  You can use the other sim slot for a physical sim.

If you need a new they can be purchased through Canadian Cell supplies currently on sale for $3.99.

Need Help? Let's chat.