cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's wrong with the cellphone network service?

victor123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
My cell phone service was working fine then it appeared out of service it says no cellphone network available. So I'm wondering what's going on why is the network service down ? I can't make any calls not even *611 so please let me know what's going on please and thank you I really need this issue to get fixed I need my phone to be working . Thanks for your time
9 REPLIES 9

Glad to hear your issue is resolved now, @pavelivanov200.

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @pavelivanov200!

Glad to hear that your phone is connected to the network again.  

I am unable to find any reported outages in the Montreal area.  Barring that, the issue may be limited to your phone.  A software update or hardware malfunction may be the cause.  If this happens more frequently, it may be time to get your phone checked at a repair shop.  

pavelivanov200
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

P.S. 

It worked after leaving my phone swithched off for about 10 minutes.

pavelivanov200
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today I'm experiencing "no cellular network available". Paid the bill and received confirmation message several days ago. Using Moto G 1-st gen.

Had the same problem on dec 29. After rebooting the phone the problem was fixed. Today I rebooted several times and still no celluar network. I'm in Montreal if that is of importance.

@victor123 Actually, if you do a network search and it comes up with none of the networks, then it's likely a phone issue. Even if you were in a dead zone, the network search would likely have shown a network or two (even if the coverage were too poor for a cellphone from that provider to be able to latch on to the network).

victor123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I don't think it's the phone . I've tried multiple times removing my SIM card and doing the setup manually however the screen always says no cellphone network available. So I'm guessing it's on a dead zone . Because I can't even call *611 nor make any calls or text messages. Or it just might be my SIM card

I have service. Possibility your phone may have encountered a deadzone temporarily. Sometimes it happens. If not, phone may have had a hiccup

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @victor123,

Please make sure that its not a problem specific to your sim card or phone.

Switch the phone off, remove sim card and battery (if possible), and wait few minutes, and then put it all back together and restart.  

I can confirm that there is no outage at least in Toronto area.  

Mayor / Maire

Hi @victor123,

(1) Are you in the middle of your service period?

(2) Does self-serve show your account as being active?

(3) Have you tried putting your SIM in another phone to see if it works?

(4) Have you tried manually searching for networks to connect to on your phone. Does "Public Mobile" show up at all?

Based on your answers, we can suggest options.

Need Help? Let's chat.