cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Your "Daily Driver"?

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi,

I recently broke my phone and will be in search of something to replace it, might just buy another one (I honestly don't know at this point). I'm wondering what you all use, perhaps that could give me ideas for myself. Do state why you use your phone if there is a specific reason you like it.

92 REPLIES 92

Obice
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@mh1983 wrote:

Am big on the BlackBerry 10 line. I switch between Q10, Classic, and Passport. Currently on the Passport and while it's an older phone, it's a powerhouse.

I'd strongly recommend these for productivity and if you do a lot of communications. Perfect for email, texting, and calls. They do browsing just fine too and there are some apps. I wouldn't recommend if you rely on a lot of apps. If that's the case, I'd look for a low or mid tier Android phone.

What phone were you using before it broke? What are the main things you did with your phone?

A Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running android 9.

Currently I am using an iPhone SE for calls/texts, some web browsing and then a spare android phone for watching YouTube (the app I use to watch YouTube can only be gotten on android). (EDIT: The spare android phone is locked to Bell/Virgin and cannot be unlocked.)

If I got a new phone I'd use it for calls, texts, web browsing, YouTube, maybe games but probably not, music and as a USB stick.

I am actually curious to see in the Fall if Apple updates the File Manger so that you can access an iPhone through a computer without iTunes (probably not).

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Am big on the BlackBerry 10 line. I switch between Q10, Classic, and Passport. Currently on the Passport and while it's an older phone, it's a powerhouse.

I'd strongly recommend these for productivity and if you do a lot of communications. Perfect for email, texting, and calls. They do browsing just fine too and there are some apps. I wouldn't recommend if you rely on a lot of apps. If that's the case, I'd look for a low or mid tier Android phone.

What phone were you using before it broke? What are the main things you did with your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.