cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the default PM SIM PIN number?

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I have an application that requires me to remove the PM SIM card pin number. However when I try to do this it asks for me to type i my existing SIM lock pin number. I have no clue what it could be and according to google I need to get this pin from my service provider. Is there perhaps a default pin number?

This is what I cut and pasted from the Apple Web Site--

"If asked, enter your SIM PIN. If you've never used one, enter the default SIM PIN from your carrier."

4 REPLIES 4

@Jb456 wrote:

Glad it worked.. due take note however (or for others reading) Public Mobile does not sell cell phones...that code if I am not mistaken is the default pin for the provider that sold the phone. 

If your phone is from Telus or Koodo it should be 1234. Mines from Koodo and they have an article one it.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/sim-pin

Maybe your phone is from Koodo or Telus also??

I am just mentions this as it could be possible phones from Bell, Rogers,. ETC have a different default sim pin. So for future readers Google the provider you got phone from.

The default sim card PIN for all Public Mobile sim cards is 1234. That is set by the sim card manufacturer before it even goes into a device.

Most carriers in Canada do use 1234. One exception that that I know of is Wind/Freedom Mobile who has always used 0000.

The SIM card's pin shouldn't be confused with a device's screen unlock PIN or with a device's SIM Network Unlock PIN (which indicates a phone being locked to a different carrier).

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@BEER wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Who was the original provider of your phone? Maybe it's their default one.

My phone is from Koodo and googling the sim pin on Koodo website says default sim pin is 1234...I tried it and was able to get into the settings to set it to lock or change pin password...

Don't forget do not try entering multiple numbers 

...I believe after 3 failed attempts you then need a PUK code that you would have to get from Moderators.

Phone on public mobile use PM Simm cards - As per your suggestion I tried the "1234" and it worked. Thanks!

Glad it worked.. due take note however (or for others reading) Public Mobile does not sell cell phones...that code if I am not mistaken is the default pin for the provider that sold the phone. 

If your phone is from Telus or Koodo it should be 1234. Mines from Koodo and they have an article one it.

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/sim-pin

Maybe your phone is from Koodo or Telus also??

I am just mentions this as it could be possible phones from Bell, Rogers,. ETC have a different default sim pin. So for future readers Google the provider you got phone from.

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Jb456 wrote:

My phone is from Koodo and googling the sim pin on Koodo website says default sim pin is 1234...I tried it and was able to get into the settings to set it to lock or change pin password...

...I believe after 3 failed attempts you then need a PUK code that you would have to get from Moderators.

Phone on public mobile use PM Simm cards - As per your suggestion I tried the "1234" and it worked. Thanks!

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.