cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is PUK code? Where do I get the PUK code?

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

PIN unlock key (PUK) is a SIM-specific code used to prevent unauthorised use of a SIM card. 

The PIN (Personal Identification Number) enables secure access to the SIM card and network. It is provided with your SIM card.

• If the PIN code is entered incorrectly 3 times, the phone is locked (except for emergency calls) and requires a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) to reactivate it.
  • Once the PUK is recovered and validated, you will be asked to choose a new PIN.

Caution! If the PUK is entered incorrectly up to ten times in a row, the SIM card becomes unusable.

To get PUK code, reach out via private message to our support teams. More info here

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cindyaperez2 wrote:

i need the puk code please

@cindyaperez2

Did you not see my reply to you in the other thread you posted in? That's the problem with posting in multiple threads...you lose track of where you posted.

Asked and answered multiple times. Read. Do.

cindyaperez2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

i need the puk code please

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pannobaji

You have posted to a very old thread. In the future, start your own thread under the appropriate category and it will get the exposure and answer to your questions you're looking for.

As is stated on the homepage for PM, we are the phone company without a phone number Smiley Happy.... so the best way to get in contact with PM staff is through sending them a private message.  Send them a private message using this link: @CS_Agent provide them with your name, account number and an explanation of the issue and they will be able to look into the matter for you.

pannobaji
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

whats the telephone number to call for the PUK

Audit13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am a new Public Mobile subscriber and one of the first things I did was request a puk code and email all of the relevant account and puk  to myself for possible future use.

galaxyunlock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

PUK  is a pin unlock key that is unique for each sim card. This is very important key when you lost your sim passcode or you have entered 3 time wrong passcode. That lock your sim card.

And to unlock that sim card you need to enter currect puk code for your sim card.

Best way to get puk code is from your sim provider toll free number.

If you dont have puk and you can't recover passcode for your sim card that you need to issue new sim card.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Exactly what the @Moid_I said.

I did already made the suggestion in the PM Laboratory to have the PUK available in self serve. It's specially important for clients after Jan-27-2015 because they have no immediate access to the PUK code, by having them wait for days for response could cause a lot of dead sims by entering the wrong PUK ten times. So please add this option to self serve
Need Help? Let's chat.