Did you mean: 
bolddoodieS9
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Wet phone (real wet)

Thank you.

bolddoodieS9

Thanks for the comment. I fear the phone is history.

View solution in original post

bolddoodieS9

Good to know, but I think it's too late to resuscitate the little xxxxxxxx. Thank you.

edited by computergeek541: terms of service (language)

bolddoodieS9

Wet phone

This is a thank you to those who gave me some good info regarding my phone. You may recall I accidentally put it through the washing machine (the phone was on). Several corrective suggestions were made. I punted. Once I got it out of the washer I took out the battery and sim card, dried them thoroughly, dried the phone, blew air into all the openings and then let it rest for 24 hours. I then tried to fire it up and it came alive, but the opening screen would not recognize my swipe. I couldn't get past that screen. The battery was at 11%. I turned it off and charged it. After six hours, the charge was up to 13%. I figured this phone is history, but I decided to pull out the charger cable and try again. I reinserted the cable, left the phone overnight. The next morning it showed a full charge. I fired up the phone and magically it started again, and this time recognized my swipe. It is now functioning just fine. It's a Samsung Galaxy J3. I don't believe it is supposed to be water-resistant, but apparently this one was. I don't recommend putting it through the washer, but if that happens all is not necessarily lost. Thanks again for the good advice.

villellamcmeans
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Wet phone

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Awesome of you to update us as to the result,  @bolddoodieS9 

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bolddoodieS9   glad it work.. a  true field test.. now you have a "clean" phone without the need of wiping the phone LoL

you didn't need to buy a new SIM, right?  the old Sim still works?

will13am
Oracle

@bolddoodieS9 , lucky you!  If you have any dessicant packs kicking around, I would suggest storing the phone in a plastic bag with dessicant over the night time for a few nights to make sure the phone is completely dry.  

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Backup all the data from that phone. Contacts, numbers, emails, login passwords, photos, everything. Use the cloud or USB file copy or just write stuff down.

The phone might be fine, you might be lucky. But you've gotta assume it's unreliable, that it could fail hard without warning, until enough time has passed that you can be confident it suffered no real damage.

It's always good to have a backup anyhow. Too many people lose everything when their phone becomes lost, stolen, broken, drowned, or expired.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.