cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: WARNING! iOS 13

Pull sim, reset carrier settings, put sim back in, reboot. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hangingkayakerFirst swap the SIM to make sure it is a problem with the phone or your Public Mobile account.

If it is really a problem with the phone. Turn on your phone's DFU mode and you can restore a backup of your iOS.. (of course you have to had made backups in the first place).

@Berry23 wrote:

As you can tell, none of this is carrier/network related... Just Apple being lazy and not releasing solid structured software (I would bash any company for doing the same, FYI).

No kidding they bit too much off and screwed up royally. 

I wonder if my touch issue is due to having a tempered glass screen protector. But my touch problem was with texting only and all else was good. 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pulled sim but now can't access Phone or Cellular settings (NO sim)

Can you not sign it onto wifi?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

DFU?

@GinYVR wrote:

@hangingkayakerFirst swap the SIM to make sure it is a problem with the phone or your Public Mobile account.

If it is really a problem with the phone. Turn on your phone's DFU mode and you can restore a backup of your iOS.. (of course you have to had made backups in the first place).

Really. DFU allows you to get the old iOS back??. I had to download the IPSW file and do the iTunes process. Then restore the phone from an older backup. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hangingkayakerHow to access it varies with models so you should google your specific model on how to do it. However do make sure you have a desktop machine with iTunes installed in order to be able to use it effectively.

@GinYVR wrote:

This  is what I did. 

https://ios.gadgethacks.com/how-to/downgrade-ios-13-back-ios-12-4-1-your-iphone-using-itunes-finder-...